How to add more domain addon options ?

ody

Even I know the answer "that there is no any possibility to do that with WHMCS" I'm posting this thread and who knows....

1. We create a domain parking plan with cp/whm is there any way to add this as an option into our domain registration option page.

2. We as registrar we offer free ID protection for our TLDs

now

we sell also many more TLDs from 2 others registrar which they have different prices

one for $4.00 and the other for $6.00

so how we can solve this ?

if we set a price into our TLD domain pricing page will ingore our free id protection service

and we have only one price option for that.....

P.S. Don't mention any modulle as we have till now more than 15 into our WHMCS installation (we don't have other to do but to add all time modulles for everything or to renew or to upgrade them or to..... or to.............................................................................................................................................. !%@$@!^%@!^@%!%).

thank you

Ody

Edited by ody

Even I know the answer "that there is no any possibility to do that with WHMCS" I'm posting this thread and who knows....

I like the optimism! :)

1. We create a domain parking plan with cp/whm is there any way to add this as an option into our domain registration option page.

as previously suggested, use one of the existing addons if it's currently unused, or create the DPP as a product and allow users to add it (much as they can hosting) in the domains config page...

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?131833-Custom-domain-Addon&p=526545#post526545

2. We as registrar we offer free ID protection for our TLDs

now

we sell also many more TLDs from 2 others registrar which they have different prices

one for $4.00 and the other for $6.00

so how we can solve this ?

if we set a price into our TLD domain pricing page will ignore our free id protection service

and we have only one price option for that.....

obvious way (to keep to your no module rule) would be to add it to the base price for the TLD and make the IDP "free"... that way, if they use it, it's paid for... if they don't, more profit for you.

there's a 3 year old request for this feature - https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/id-protection-fee-on-a-per-domain-registrar-basis

P.S. Don't mention any module as we have till now more than 15 into our WHMCS installation (we don't have other to do but to add all time modules for everything or to renew or to upgrade them or to..... or to.............................................................................................................................................. !%@$@!^%@!^@%!%).

then how do you expect to do this... ?? however you look at it, it's a serious modification that would likely require hooks at least to do it properly.

there won't be a quick way (apart from changing base price) to do this otherwise.

We had read all old-ex post-threads,(also yours), about those 2 cases but there is no any good one

and as for WHMCS requests as you already know WHMCS never follow any of them,

your suggestion to change the forwarding can't work as this addon have ready action hooks etc., we thought so to duplicate this option but what about hooks??

create the DPP as a product and allow users to add it (much as they can hosting) in the domains config page...

as we mention DPP is a hidden product and must be as an option - how we can add it?,

the best simple solution is to add new additional domain fields with a hook for both of them,

1. for DPP we had try to create simple ADF as like Yes/No but some where we lost it with "Type" box-text etc. and then with hooks because if we don't add any hook we have to do it manually???

$additionaldomainfields["what to writte hear *.* as it is valid-option for all TLDs ????"][] = array(

"Name" => "Free Domain Parking Page",

"Type" => "Box or dropdown",

"Options" => "Yes,No",

);

and how we you make it sticky in clients domain page for the case when a client want to remove this service?

2. for IDP we also try it with a simple ADF for paid case $4.00

$additionaldomainfields["aaa,ac,ae,am,eu,.co.uk"][] = array(

"Name" => "1 Year Whois Domain ID Protection For $4.00",

"Type" => "Box or dropdown",

"Options" => "Yes,No",

);

how we you make it sticky in clients domain page for the case which client do not want to renew this service?

Thank you and many

Regards Ody.

Edited by ody

We had read all old-ex post-threads,(also yours), about those 2 cases but there is no any good one

I never suggested they were good solutions - but if WHMCS aren't going to add the features, and you aren't going to pay a developer to write them, then you're left with hacking existing solutions to make them work for you! :)

and as for WHMCS requests as you already know WHMCS never follow any of them,

I wouldn't even waste my time submitting a feature request... let's take Matt's post today about the forthcoming v7.3 preview as an example - https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?132121-WHMCS-7-3-Preview

There's lots of exciting new 3rd party integrations in 7.3 including our 3rd most highly requested feature ever in a feature we're calling Sign-In Integrations.

if you follow the request link, it was submitted 4 years ago... FOUR YEARS... and only now are they proudly announcing that it's been completed... that's ridiculous (but sadly far from being an isolated case).

your suggestion to change the forwarding can't work as this addon have ready action hooks etc., we thought so to duplicate this option but what about hooks??

as far as i'm aware, these domain addons basically do two things... they update certain database tables (e.g tblhosting) with their values, and they send commands to the assigned registrar based on those values... but if you happen to be using a registrar that doesn't support that feature, e.g OpenSRS with forwarding, then those registrar commands are going nowhere (they probably aren't even sent) and therefore we have a spare addon that can be used to collect payment for an additional service. :idea:

granted, if your registrars are using all addons, then this isn't an option.

as we mention DPP is a hidden product and must be as an option - how we can add it?,

what I was suggesting is to make it a product, just your normal bog-standard product (perhaps 'other' with "require domain" ticked), hide it and then edit configuredomains.tpl to add a link to it...

PdhL4MP.png

and if you want to see it in action, e.g choose a domain and add the DPP service to the cart...

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

and in terms of the code...

<div class="row">
                       <div class="col-sm-12">
                           <div class="form-group">
                               <label>Domain Parking Plan</label>
                               <br />
                               {if $smarty.session.cart.products.pid neq '27' and !$domain.hosting}<span style="color:#009900;">Would you like to use our domain parking plan for this domain? If so, click </span><a href="cart.php?a=add&pid=27" style="color:#cc0000;">here</a>.{else}The Domain Parking Plan has been added to this domain!{/if}
                           </div>
                       </div>
                   </div>

obviously, layout could be improved (i'm just working with what's already there) and you could use Language overrides if it needs to work in multiple languages, but as a proof of concept, I think it's not too bad!

- just remember to change references to pid 27 to your own DPP product ID.

I suppose if you were familiar with the api (or js), you could style it to look like the addon boxes and get the product added directly to the cart from that page from a checkbox... but i'm not doing that for you. :)

the best simple solution is to add new additional domain fields with a hook for both of them

that's your simple solution - use ADF and then hook around them?? :roll:

seriously, there are no quick fixes for multiple IDP pricing... the very fact that I can't think of an addon ever being released that does this, is either a testament to a lack of need for it (though its been asked here a few times), or the complexity of the coding required... or everyone is patiently waiting for WHMCS to add it. :!:

it's certainly not going to be a 1 or 2 line hook, so I won't be writing any hook code to do it for you.

btw - for ADF, you can't use wildcards...

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?125810-domainregister-tpl&p=504142#post504142

and how we you make it sticky in clients domain page for the case when a client want to remove this service?

well I wouldn't use ADF as an option - you shouldn't really need to as the hook would do the donkey work, perhaps using OrderDomainPricingOverride to change the price depending on the TLD.

For all WHMCS users,

if you feel that you need to add this valuable service for your clients

Domain Parking Page

just follow

Brian's PHP code

works fine!!!

This WHMCS Forum It's only Supported BY ONE PERSON

BRIAN

For IDP I believe It's better with ADF

Thank you again

Many Regards

Ody

As we start we have to finalize it,

Now we are trying to add your code to client's area but we face a problem to work

into

clientareadomainaddons.tpl

As for my comments,

I'm curious what it's gonna happen if you stop supporting this forum, it might be dead in 10 first days or some of WHMCS staff will might start really working for this forum.

Edited by ody

As we start we have to finalize it,

not necessarily - i'm just throwing ideas out for you to play with! :)

Now we are trying to add your code to client's area but we face a problem to work

into clientareadomainaddons.tpl

well it's not a domain addon - it's a product, so it would be managed from the products/services page...