Configurable Options vs Custom Fields vs Addons?

wellconnit

Hi All,

I want to set up custom fields based on the quantity of a product that the user order, as an example

A customer orders 3 Name Badges

and 3 Custom Fields appear allowing text entry so that the Names can be typed in,

I'm using it to name servers that are under management, but if I do it with Custom Fields from the admin portal it comes up with only a single custom field which doesn't help me.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

I want to set up custom fields based on the quantity of a product that the user order, as an example

A customer orders 3 Name Badges

and 3 Custom Fields appear allowing text entry so that the Names can be typed in,

I'm using it to name servers that are under management, but if I do it with Custom Fields from the admin portal it comes up with only a single custom field which doesn't help me.

out of the box, you can't really do this... I suppose you could create multiple product custom fields in the product setup (let's say 5), hide them using js and then show x number of them to the user based on the quantity value chosen.

possibly the simpler way would be to setup just one product custom field and use a "text area" instead of a "text box" - then the user could enter a new name on each line and the text area would be visible in the admin area.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your response.

I only just remember i'd posted this.

I'm going to send it through as a bug / feature request.

Because even if you order 3 of the same thing if a single one has a custom field, you should just multiply all components of the single product order.

I'm going to send it through as a bug / feature request.

they're not going to see it as a bug, so you're into the realms of feature requests... which means a long wait, frustration and inevitably ending up adding the feature yourself by other means. :roll:

Because even if you order 3 of the same thing if a single one has a custom field, you should just multiply all components of the single product order.

with WHMCS, when you order multiple quantities of a product, you are ordering multiple copies of EXACTLY the same product... so if you order a product with a cf, enter a value, then all quantities of that product with have that same cf value.

I understand what you want it to do, and i'm sure there's an alternate universe somewhere where WHMCS could agree and make the change quickly... however, in this universe, that's not going to happen.