Posible whmcs killer or what ?

Hello,

My names is Danut and i have 1 business .

Sorry for my english, is bad .

I have 1 site, i using whmcs 5.3 because i like this platform and for me is not necessary to update this, is licensing whmcs not nulled .

A few days ago my site has been hacked. I try to accesed my site and give me error "critical error, could not conect to database" . Good, after 5 minutes, he work but my index "You are hacked" and 1 link of 1 site where were they all clients dates (email & password, real password, not cripted), but the hackers don't edit my index.php, edit tblconfiguration in database.

How is it possible?

Is whmcs killer or sym link cpanel ? I change the web hosting provider immediatly and i upload 1 database backup .

How is it possible?

Thanks .

General release is at 7.2.3. That's your problem right there. Whomever hacked your site saw you were using an older version of WHMCS and took advantage. You HAVE to update to get the latest security fixes, if you don't well.... you already saw what happened.

Previous version of WHMCS may have security vulnerabilities. It is HIGHLY recommended that you update to the latest version of WHMCS.

Your server may have also let the hacker gain access to your site. A insecure server is bad and just a open door for someone to walk in..

Using your backup, I suggest you update your site. Using your backup you should not loose any clients, invoices, tickets. etc...