Two Issues regarding PHP 7 with WHMCS7

Hello all,

I ran the autoupdate to 7 from within my admin panel and all went well. From there it alerted me that it was recommended I upgrade from php 5.6 to php7. I logged into cpanel to adjust my php version, and when It updated to 7, I was presented with the OOPS screen on literally every page of whmcs. client side, admin side, everything. The entire page broke. I changed the version back to 5.6, and the site became functional again, but this time it alerted me there were several modules recommended to be installed via php. I went back to the php version selector and added the appropriate modules and saved changes. This cleared all errors, and everything seemed to be fine, but I now realize that when I try to edit products, or add new products, in the configure products screen only the first tab is viewable (details) if I click on pricing which should redirect to admin/configproducts.php?action=edit&id=17#tab2 nothing happens. its as if the link was just a #.

I realize these are two problems to correct, and the second (products not working) is more important, but i feel upgrading PHP7 is important as well. I only have 5 clients on this server, so doing a reimage would not be the end of the world, but i feel that is unnecessary. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Hi twizt3dkitty,

Thanks for getting in touch

I would recommend adding the following line to the end of your configuration.php file and then switching back to PHP 7 please also ensure that you have IonCube Loaders 6.0.2 or the latest 6.x version for PHP 7

I have done that, and was provided this error.

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: The file /home/jcinnova/public_html/clients/includes/hooks/resellerclubmods_rcdeleteclient.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.4 and cannot run under PHP 7.0.

Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown:0

Stack trace:

#0 /home/jcinnova/public_html/clients/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Utility/Error/Run.php(0): WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleError(16, 'The file /home/...', 'Unknown', 0)

#1 [internal function]: WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleShutdown()

#2 {main}

I contacted my host and was given this response.

Hi twizt3dkitty,

> was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.4 and cannot run under PHP 7.0.

> Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6.

As per the error message, you should contact the author of the script for an up-to-date version.

Kind Regards,

HostUS Solutions LLC

I now see it is an issue with my mod. I will troubleshoot that.

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to resolve these issues, and turned display errors back off, but I am still having a problem clicking on any tabs withing admin. For example, I discovered a problem with either phpmail() or smtp, but if i go to setup, and then general settings, when I click on Mail, (or any other link) the page will not refresh. I also noticed that in updating my resellerclubmod mod I need to revalidate my license, but when activating the "Core" addon, it shows active in my list of addons, but does not display in the addons tab for me to do anything with it.

Can anyone assist with either of these issues?

• 3 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

First please try a hard refresh (ctrl +f5) to clear your browser cache.

Then if you have a custom admin template, please make sure that was also update, in the meantime you can switch to the stick "Blend" template which should load normally.

With regards to problems using and configuring after-market modules, please contact the vendor directly for assistance with their code.