Project Management - File Uploads by User don't show up

I do have the Version 2.0.2 Project Management installed...

When an admin adds a file to a project, it shows up just fine, all admins can see it. However, it does not show up on the users side, they see no files available.

Now, if the user uploads a file on his side in the Project Management module, it uploads and shows the file name. However, if he clicks on it, it gives a white page that only says "Access Denied". They can upload all kinds of files, but can't open them up.

- From the Admin side, the files are no place to be found. It still shows 1-File Available, which was the file I uploaded as an admin... None of the users files show up.

I turned on debugging and no errors are posted.

I tried to find the actual files and went to /whmcs/attachments but there are no files/directories in there (except the index.php file). Am I looking in the wrong spot?

What could be wrong that users can't see the admin posted files and nobody can see files uploaded by the user?

OK, I wasn't thinking... the files are not in the public area, they are stored on the server in /home/myserverdir/whmcsdata/attachments

But, finding that allowed me to go into the projects folder and see that under the ticket number, it does have ALL the files there, the ones added by admin, and the ones added by the user.

However, ONLY the user can only see filenames, but can't access the files... and the admins, don't see they exist at all.

If I go into the Log section of the project, it does show that the files were uploaded by the user, it just doesn't let anyone get to them and do NOT show in the admin "Files" area.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

We've been able to replicate this issue on my end as well. Case #PMA-85 is open with our developers in order to have this reviewed for future releases. Once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here:

https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/26

I apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this.

• 2 weeks later...

I assume, since this is a major flaw that has already caused us a number of issues with customers who sent us files and we don't know it, along with the major issues of @sol2010 tells me it's time to just assume I wasted my money with WHMCS PM and money I won't get back... and now I need to buy wbTeam Project Management. It's a little more complicated than WHMCS's... But I'm a business that needs something that works and doesn't make my customers think we are idiots for not knowing they sent us the files we requested.

If something is coming SOON, let me know and I'll hold off...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing the same issue. Files uploaded by admin are not available to clients and vice versa. When a client uploads from the client area it shows a link, but when clicked gives an "access denied" error. I can confirm that folder permissions are correct and they are uploaded to the projects attachments directory. Oddly, in the database table for mod_project_management_files I can see the file uploaded by admin, but there is nothing from the client. After searching through the database, I found a column named "attachments" in mod_project which has the client file. There is apparently no feature to notify admin when either admin or client uploads a new file.

We spent good money on this to not have it working... After reading other with similar issues and receiving little to no support, I'm questioning if this was worth the time and effort. The problems I'm outlining are inherit to the core functionality of the module and hardly a "bug."

When is this going to be fixed? We are running WHMCS 7.2.3 and Project Management 2.0.2

I assume, since this is a major flaw that has already caused us a number of issues with customers who sent us files and we don't know it, along with the major issues of @sol2010 tells me it's time to just assume I wasted my money with WHMCS PM and money I won't get back... and now I need to buy wbTeam Project Management. It's a little more complicated than WHMCS's... But I'm a business that needs something that works and doesn't make my customers think we are idiots for not knowing they sent us the files we requested.

I'm experiencing the same issue. Files uploaded by admin are not available to clients and vice versa. When a client uploads from the client area it shows a link, but when clicked gives an "access denied" error. I can confirm that folder permissions are correct and they are uploaded to the projects attachments directory. Oddly, in the database table for mod_project_management_files I can see the file uploaded by admin, but there is nothing from the client. After searching through the database, I found a column named "attachments" in mod_project which has the client file. There is apparently no feature to notify admin when either admin or client uploads a new file.

We spent good money on this to not have it working... After reading other with similar issues and receiving little to no support, I'm questioning if this was worth the time and effort. The problems I'm outlining are inherit to the core functionality of the module and hardly a "bug."

When is this going to be fixed? We are running WHMCS 7.2.3 and Project Management 2.0.2

it might be worth bearing in mind that the PM addon will probably come under the 30 day refund guarantee - so if you're still in that period, it might be worth contacting support about a refund... if WHMCS ever fix these issues, you can always get another license at a later date (assuming you haven't gone elsewhere in that time!)... worst case, they'll politely tell you to go away; best case, you get your $100 back to spend on something else.

https://www.whmcs.com/terms-of-service/#moneybackguarantee