Move invoice form Moved products to different customer

EduPerea737

https://docs.whmcs.com/Products_Management#Moving_a_Product.2FService_to_another_Client

Invoices

Invoices cannot be moved between clients, therefore when moving a product/service any invoices will remain under the old owner. Therefore it would be advisable to check the old owner's Invoices tab for any unpaid invoices for this service and cancel them. If you wish to invoice the new owner for the service, move the Next Due Date forward/back by one day and a new invoice will be generated when the cron next runs.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a specific reason why there isn't a way to change the owner of invoices? My new issue is that a client has moved away from their previous company. For my own record keeping and for each individual client's records, changing over half of the previously invoiced products to the newly created second account is kind of important. Also worth noting is that there are so many invoices that this would create hours of work if I had to recreate each of those invoices manually.

I was thinking that I'd try updating one of the invoices directly in PHPMyAdmin, but only found that the records weren't easily edited.

Does anyone have any type of solution for something like this? To be 100% honest, it seems kind of trivial that this feature still doesn't exist. I can only assume that there must have been hundreds of times when WHMCS users would have benefitted from a function like this over the years.

Does anyone have any type of solution for something like this? To be 100% honest, it seems kind of trivial that this feature still doesn't exist. I can only assume that there must have been hundreds of times when WHMCS users would have benefitted from a function like this over the years.

there was a "Move Invoice" third-party addon that used to be listed in the old AppStore - it's not listed in Marketplace (many addons aren't), but from the forum thread, it is stated as being compatible with WHMCS 7 and PHP7.

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?39216-Move-Invoice

and I wouldn't necessarily advise trying to edit the database directly unless you know exactly what you're doing. :)

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

The reason this isn't currently a feature is that changing the owner of the invoice once issued could potentially causing accounting headaches, and as such is not something we currently have plans to implement: https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/ability-to-move-invoices-between-clients

I would recommend that after you've moved the service to the new owner, following this process:

• Move the Next Due Date back by one day.
  • Click Save changes
  • Navigate to the client's Summary tab
  • Click "Generate Due Invoices"

A new invoice will then be generated for the service under the new client.

• 6 years later...

I know this is an old thread, and to be honest I'm surprised this doesn't come up more often.

We just moved a product to a new client and the new client wishes to have the invoice payment history in his client area.

Is there any way yet to just move 20 invoices from the old customer to the new?  Would support do this as a one-off request by chance?

Thanks for any help!