In Support Ticket email, how can Related Service be shown?

ScottN

When a customer enters a support ticket, they are asked to choose a "Related Service" so, for example, if they are having a problem with one particular hosting account, they can choose that hosting account from a drop down of all of their products & services.

However, when the ticket is sent to us via email, it does not contain that related service in the email. When I view all the Available Merge Fields, "Related Service" is not one of them.

Is there a merge field for Related Service? I saw $ticket_relatedservice mentioned in some forum thread, but that just shows up empty (even if a related service is selected in the ticket).

Thanks!

- Scott

Hi Scott,

Is there a merge field for Related Service? I saw $ticket_relatedservice mentioned in some forum thread, but that just shows up empty (even if a related service is selected in the ticket).

in a word - no. :roll:

it's certainly not available to the ticket opened email template, and I assume the same applies for the other ticket templates... that basically leaves you with the usual 3 options...

1. report it as a bug to WHMCS... almost certainly pointless as they wouldn't see it as a bug (e.g it's not designed to pass that variable to the template, therefore it's working perfectly - in their eyes)... they'll point you to the second option...

2. submit a feature request for this - in theory, it should be trivially easy for WHMCS to add the feature, but in practice it might not be added until up to 2020 (if at all)... at the very best, it would be months, but far more likely it will be years... and therefore pointless from your point of view - as i'm sure you don't want to wait that long for a solution.

3. post a new thread in Service Offers & Requests and pay a developer to write a custom hook for you to do this... I imagine that it wouldn't take them too long to do it.

the relatedservice value is added to the tbltickets table, but only in an abbreviated form e.g S6 or D12 - which tells you whether the related service is a domain, or a service - and the relevant ID number to lookup in either the tbldomains or tblhosting tables... so I suspect any hook would need to take this value and then look it up in the relevant table(s) and pass the value back to the template.

alternatively, and this is a little backward, but if you're going to want the value in the email, you always have the option of removing the related service dropdown from the submit ticket page... that should encourage the client to mention which service they're talking about in the body of the ticket.

• 6 months later...

This is actually shown in the view ticket page, under the product service listing, the service the user selected is highlighed in a blue line for that table row. At least in the latest version of the blend template it has code for this:

<tr{if $relatedservice.selected} class="rowhighlight"{/if}>