Product Upgrade/Downgrades Charges

aquiss

Currently WHMCS has the ability for someone to upgrade/downgrade products, which deals with the change in pricing/products. Great.

However, is it possible, for the system to deal with a regrade charge? For the work we do (within the telecoms/broadband sector) we currently face at times, charges to make a change to a service. Currently we have to generate one-off billable items to charge our customers who request change.

It would be nice, that within the products upgrade/downgrade section, some sort of cost feature could be added.

In the meantime, is there a way of doing this, other than manual billable items?

Regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

the only built-in option I can think of would be to add a setup fee to the settings of the product to be upgraded to... now you might need to change the language of setup fee to something else, but it would at least allow you to charge a fixed fee (per cycle) for the upgrades... though if the regrade price is different between different products, then this might not be a viable solution. :?:

Yeah, I was thinking if that would be a way to handle it to, though I think that might then give us issues when a service is first setup (picking up a setup which we want to be a regrade fee).

It's almost seems like a missing feature, be it a reasonable useful one for many situations, across various industry sectors.

Yeah, I was thinking if that would be a way to handle it to, though I think that might then give us issues when a service is first setup (picking up a setup which we want to be a regrade fee).

I thought that too... but two ways around that...

1. use a (free setup) promotion code in the link for direct purchase of the product... so setup fee wouldn't apply to them, only to upgraders.

2. duplicate the product, keep the publicly visible version setup fee free, and the duplicated product with setup fee hidden and only used for upgrades.