Searching invoices client side

Si

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can make the client side search on the invoices page, include searching for domain names (i.e. for hosting services or domains themselves) - i.e. the invoice items.

currently when clients type in 'mydomain.com' (without quotes) it returns a blank. Yet there are invoices with this information.

Does anyone know how I can make the client side search on the invoices page, include searching for domain names (i.e. for hosting services or domains themselves) - i.e. the invoice items.

currently when clients type in 'mydomain.com' (without quotes) it returns a blank. Yet there are invoices with this information.

you've semi-answered your own question. :)

that existing table is just an array of invoices, and the invoices database table doesn't contain ANY items/descriptions... so that's why it returns a blank - you're asking for information it doesn't have access to.

you'd have to create a new (or replace the existing) array, e.g by querying the database and specifically tblinvoiceitems with perhaps a join to tblinvoices - it will depend on which details you want to show to the client...

with a quick hook and some template changes, you can create something along the line you want to - though ignore the eccentric USD pricing I have in the v7.2.2 dev!

MyayUYE.png

and if you wanted to see the search function working -

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

i've taken some nasty/lazy shortcuts to save time writing this demo code - namely i'm formatting the date and currency in the template, which ideally you'd do in the hook, but that was irrelevant when writing as I just wanted to ensure the search function worked correctly on descriptions. :idea:

so in summary, you'll have to do this in two parts - query the database via a hook to create a new array for use in the template, and then modify the template code to output that new array. :idea: