invoice automation generating additional line items (from previous unpaid invoice)

Hi everyone I need help urgently,

Each time when a customer made an online order for for hosting or domains, the invoice automation generate additional line items in the invoice which is not supposed to be there.

Those additional line items were from the previous invoices which is unpaid.

This is creating confusion to my customers and also is revealing my other customers orders and prices.

Please tell me what is causing this and what needs to be done

invoice error.jpg

invoice error.jpg

Edited by tsupan

1. which version of WHMCS are you using?

2. do you have any 3rd-party addons, hooks or template changes?

I am on WHMCS Version: 7.2.2

I am not using any 3rd party addons.

made changes to the quotepdf.tpl 2 days ago to remove discount column but this problem was already happening before the change was done.

I also have a few hooks to modify the primary menus.

Edited by tsupan

I am on WHMCS Version: 7.2.2

I am not using any 3rd party addons.

made changes to the quotepdf.tpl 2 days ago to remove discount column but this problem was already happening before the change was done.

I also have a few hooks to modify the primary menus.

changes to the quotespdf or menu hooks wouldn't have any effect on this issue.

i'd suggest opening a ticket with support (or Reseller Support if you didn't get your license from WHMCS directly) and letting them take a look at this themselves... and reporting back to the thread with any working solution they give you.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

This behaviour indicates that invoice IDs are being re-used. Invoice IDs (as opposed to invoice numbers) must always be unique - even if you've deleted the original invoice before moving the invoice starting number backwards, this number always needs to be a unique, never before used number.

If an invoice ID is used twice, you'll find that the original invoice line items associated that that ID are displayed alongside the new line items.

To avoid this happening again in future, please adjust the Setup > General Settings > Invoices tab > Invoice Starting # value forward to a number before used number and click Save Changes.

The new value will not be displayed in the field, but the change will have taken effect.

Hi,

This behaviour indicates that invoice IDs are being re-used. Invoice IDs (as opposed to invoice numbers) must always be unique - even if you've deleted the original invoice before moving the invoice starting number backwards, this number always needs to be a unique, never before used number.

If an invoice ID is used twice, you'll find that the original invoice line items associated that that ID are displayed alongside the new line items.

To avoid this happening again in future, please adjust the Setup > General Settings > Invoices tab > Invoice Starting # value forward to a number before used number and click Save Changes.

The new value will not be displayed in the field, but the change will have taken effect.

Its working normally now after doing that..Thanks John and Brian