Best WHMCS Addon Module to Unblock IP from CSF

davet

I'm looking for suggestions for an addon module for WHMCS to connect to CSF which gives my customers and admins the ability to unblock their IP. Please only provide suggestions if you currently have the addon working. A lot of the addons I found are outdated and don't support the new CPanel API to connect to CPanel servers.

I was previously using AutoUnblock CSF but the developer is no longer offering this addon and it no longer works if you connect WHMCS to the servers using the CPanel API. The Remote Host Key way of setting it up is being deprecated in CPanel.

AutoUnblock CSF from GKroot was working for us and was able to 1) allow customers to unblock their IP from the client area and 2) All admins to whitelist or block IPs across all servers connected to WHMCS.

I've tried pretty much all of the alternatives but all of them either don;t work or don;t give the ability to unblock an IP from all servers from within WHMCS.

I've tried Jetserver CSF Manager at https://github.com/Jetserver/WHMCS-CSF-Manager but when clients go to Manage Firewall it returns "Token authentication is restricted to WHMAPI calls only"

I've tried UnBan Center for WHMCS at https://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/unban-center but it doesn't give the ability to whitelist or remove an IP from all connected servers from WHMCS admin area.

I've tried WHMCS CSF Unblocker Module at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1652121 but still haven;t been able to get it working with the help of the developer.

I have NOT tried Gold CSF Firewall Auto Unblock yet at http://www.whmcsgold.com/csffirewall

Does anyone have any further suggestions on a working addon that supports the CPanel API connection method to the servers?

Or does anyone have suggestions on a developer that can fix AutoUnblock CSF to support the CPanel API instead?

The developer of AutoUnblock CSF says the old non-working version is still available for download and is open source now.

IDoes anyone have any further suggestions on a working addon that supports the CPanel API connection method to the servers?

Or does anyone have suggestions on a developer that can fix AutoUnblock CSF to support the CPanel API instead?

The developer of AutoUnblock CSF says the old non-working version is still available for download and is open source now.

maybe post here you my get couple response :)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/8/2018 at 4:12 PM, walcee said:

Hi guys, 

I have been using the ServerPing unblockip module for years. I highly recommend this. It allows both client and admin to unblock directly in WHMCS.

Oh, i had almost forgotten that it's also free.

I'm getting this when trying to use it:

AppConfig for “csf,” requires that you must have one of the following acls: “software-ConfigServer-csf” to access the url: “/cgi/configserver/csf.cgi”.

Any hints?

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2017 at 1:23 PM, lonea said:

What's the issue you are still having? Why not open the ticket again and we'll try to get it working for you.

I'm giving your addon a try again. Still can't get it to work. I replied to my ticket within your help desk.

When I try to access the addon from within WHMCS it returns:

+++++++++++++++++

Oops!
Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.
Please go back to the previous page and try again.

If the problem persists, please contact us.

« Back to Homepage

For additional assistance, please reference the WHMCS TroubleShooting Guide »

exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'ioc_whmcs.mod_csfunblocker' doesn't exist' in /home/ioc/public_html/support/modules/addons/csfunblock/csfunblock.php:0
Stack trace:

0 /home/ioc/public_html/support/modules/addons/csfunblock/csfunblock.php(0): PDO->prepare()
1 /home/ioc/public_html/support/admin/addonmodules.php(0): csfunblock_output(Array)
+++++++++++++++++

On 5/13/2018 at 12:02 AM, ScottN said:

Unfortunately, the ServerPing option was never mentioned in this thread, so I never got a chance to try it... I wound up purchasing the UnBan Center for WHMCS module from https://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/unban-center  -- I have been super happy with it.  Install was easy and it works great for our customers.

- Scott

Sorry to say that soon after I installed UnBan Center for WHMCS from Modules Garden, they "updated" the module and pretty much killed it.  Everything I loved about the original module, now I hate.  I would not recommend it, and I'm still looking for a replacement. I DID contact Modules Garden to let them know they ruined their perfectly working module, and they said they would take it under consideration, but as far as I know, they have made no efforts to return all the ease of use and functionality back to the module.  Again, I do not recommend it (wish I could edit/remove my glowing review above).

If you want to see how it works, you can look at our KB article, where I have screen shots:

https://hosting.qth.com/index.php/knowledgebase/117/Unblock-an-IP-Address.html

Even with these screen shots and detailed instructions, customers still can't figure out how to use it.  Look at that stupid "shield" icon... I've highlighted it on my screen shot, but it's just grey normally.  How would customers know to click that??    And even if you submit your IP, notice that it shows up 'green' whether your IP was unblocked or not unblocked.  That is a modal that disappears after a few seconds, so you have to be fast, and it puts it way up in the top right corner of the page.  The old module also said the reason for the block, but the new one does not tell people what the problem was.  Blah.

- Scott

On 12/20/2018 at 3:24 PM, davet said:

I'm giving your addon a try again. Still can't get it to work. I replied to my ticket within your help desk.

When I try to access the addon from within WHMCS it returns:

+++++++++++++++++

Oops!
Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.
Please go back to the previous page and try again.

If the problem persists, please contact us.

« Back to Homepage

For additional assistance, please reference the WHMCS TroubleShooting Guide »

exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'ioc_whmcs.mod_csfunblocker' doesn't exist' in /home/ioc/public_html/support/modules/addons/csfunblock/csfunblock.php:0
Stack trace:

0 /home/ioc/public_html/support/modules/addons/csfunblock/csfunblock.php(0): PDO->prepare()
1 /home/ioc/public_html/support/admin/addonmodules.php(0): csfunblock_output(Array)
+++++++++++++++++

Best way for support is via our support ticket. 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I'm doing a bit of digging into the various unblocking modules.

I used to use the GKroot AutounblockCSF module. It was reliable for years for me. I think, looking at the code it stopped working when cPanel deprecated support for their XMLAPI PHP interface using XML in cPanel 74. The API is still there using JSON so I'm having a look at reinstating that module using JSON instead of XML. How long the JSON interface exists I wouldn't like to speculate. 

The ServerPing module uses the JSON XMLAPI interface also but I can't get to work reliably. Often it just seems to remove the entry from csf.deny but not from the firewall giving the impression to the user it's unblocked when it isn't. Restarting csf/lfd manually usually gets it working again. I'm not sure if it's because I'm using clustered CSF. But in any case, being able to email in to unblock@ with AutoUnblockCSF is a feature I quite like and my customers appreciate so I'm back looking at the GKroot module.

The other possibility I looked at for these modules not working is that they use http authentication. I don't know, yet, if that is being stripped by cPanel's PHP-FPM. I've had this before with customers running REST API access to Wordpress, Magento etc. You have to enable pass through for the headers with a custom httpd conf file.