whmcsmoduleshop seems to be dead

Not long ago Lee Mason changed his WHMCS modules site from No Half Pixels to whmcsmoduleshop, but this made no difference to his lack of support.

It seems all his modules fail in WHMCS 7 ( i am using 7.2.2) and he does not reply to any support tickets or even to anyone asking questions on his own site forum.

he does not reply to any support tickets or even to anyone asking questions on his own site forum.

I don't use his services, so can't speak to the support, but both social media sites (FB and Twitter) show no new posts/activity since March. Perhaps something has happened to him?

I don't use his services, so can't speak to the support, but both social media sites (FB and Twitter) show no new posts/activity since March. Perhaps something has happened to him?

last reply to a ticket i got from him was 07/04/2017.

his support has been almost non existent for the last couple of years, before that his support was A1 as you got replies withing minutes.

I purchased a modules from his site May 10th, tried to install it and cannot get it to work with 7.2.2. I have 8 modules from him, and NON of them work, as the NHP license check is not compatible with PHP7

I opened a ticket the same day, May 10th, and have NOT recieved a response back from him, all I get are these automated replies every couple days.

We are very sorry for your wait, we are doing our best to get back to you regarding this issue.

You ticket has been escalated and assigned to a member of our priority support team, who will answer your query ASAP.

Regards

His support is garbage! I highly suggest anyone looking at purchasing a module from him to take a second look. WHMCS should not allow authors on the Marketplace that are going to take customers money and not provide support like they state in the TOS attached to the module.

I purchased a modules from his site May 10th, tried to install it and cannot get it to work with 7.2.2. I have 8 modules from him, and NON of them work, as the NHP license check is not compatible with PHP7

I opened a ticket the same day, May 10th, and have NOT recieved a response back from him, all I get are these automated replies every couple days.

His support is garbage! I highly suggest anyone looking at purchasing a module from him to take a second look. WHMCS should not allow authors on the Marketplace that are going to take customers money and not provide support like they state in the TOS attached to the module.

He did give me a copy of his NHP license check which is version 1.0.2 which he stated

'Sorry for the delay, ive attached the php7 version of the license manager to this ticket, just incase the copy you have isnt the correct one.Regards

Lee Mason'

but when i looked at this folder it contains 2 files

1) checkfile.php which was changed 16/02/2015

2) nhp_license_check.php which was changed 11/06/2014

which predates PHP 7, so how can it be compatible with PHP 7 when the files were last changed before PHP 7 was introduced

His support is garbage! I highly suggest anyone looking at purchasing a module from him to take a second look.

then i'd encourage you to give those products a low rating in Marketplace - that will be more noticeable to anyone thinking of buying the modules than a post here (unfortunately).

WHMCS should not allow authors on the Marketplace that are going to take customers money and not provide support like they state in the TOS attached to the module.

I suspect they'd prefer the ratings to take care of that problem, rather than get involved to that degree... I get the impression Marketplace is seemingly only managed by one person, working 30 minutes every alternate month... so giving them additional onerous duties could be too much lol.

so i get an update on my ticket submitted on 01/07/2017 21:49 and guess what it was

System Staff 09/07/2017 22:00

We are very sorry for your wait, we are doing our best to get back to you regarding this issue.

You ticket has been escalated and assigned to a member of our priority support team, who will answer your query ASAP.

Regards

amazing how this is a one man show run and operated by Lee Mason, but it is being escalated to the priority support team

Edited by easyhosting

so i get an update on my ticket submitted on 01/07/2017 21:49 and guess what it was

amazing how this is a one man show run and operated by Lee Mason, but it is being escalated to the priority support team

I do believe his wife runs the $$$ side of things, but the same..

I have been getting this same automated reply for months!

I made it so the license verification bypassed his nhp license check module and is verifying directly with his website. The modules DO work, but his license check module is which is causing all the headaches.

I cannot share the files or code, for obvious reasons but I have sent you a PM in hopes of helping you out!

oh another 2 of his canned support replies and also it seems an invoice has appeared in my account for

Addon (NHP-Sitemap-eeaf48010d) - Sitemap Support & Updates (12 months) (26/06/2017 - 25/06/2018

with due date 26/06/2017 and he has even added a £5 late fee

so yes i will pay for support he does not provide. I dont think so

I got a module not long ago that didn't work. Opened a ticket and got no reply. I ended up doing a chargeback to which I automatically won since he never even replied to that as well.

I am sure whmcsservices will take it over soon enough - they seem to be buying everyone lol.

I agree Paul and the sooner the better. I just checked and have 3 modules still in the timeframe with paypal to make a claim for not working, so opened claims with PP

• 2 weeks later...

i laughed at this from his support policy

[h=4]Support Hours[/h]Our general support hours are Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00 (GMT). During this time, we can generally provide feedback on any support queries within 12 – 72 hours. We are also committed to answering any queries outside of these hours within 72 hours. Please note that we do not provide support during UK bank holidays.

anyway i send him an invoice for all the support addons etc. i have paid for and this was received and signed for on 27th July 2017 my a Mason.

i will be calling Paypal as he should have replied to paypal claims by 30th July

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

He ignored Paypal, so i got refund on the 3 payments i claimed against. and Paypal are looking into his account as they have had a fair amount of chargebacks on his account recently. He also never replied to my Letter giving him 14 days to refund me for all the support addons that i have paid and that run until 2018, so i passed the details to a commercial debt agency. I also phoned his local Trading Standards Dept. and guess what they are already investigating him as they have had several complaints of him taking money and not providing any service