whmcsBB - The Forum

Do you think that a Forum module can offers only basic forum features. Think again. whmcsBB, my flagship module, moves the water. Has (or should have in upcoming updates), most of the features that big names like vBulletin, xenForo, IPB have. From now on you don't need a forum bridge. whmcsBB is your best choice to start a community in your WHMCS website.

Most important features:

• Forums
    • Which Usergroup(s) can post
    • Which Usergroup(s) can read (Private Forums)
    • Use of Prefixes with option to set prefix mandatory. Also you can set which usegroup can use each one. As a simple example in a bug report a Member can select "Reported" but not "Confirmed" a choice that a Moderator can use.
    • Forum Image
    • Mark Forum as Bug Tracker (AddOn - Read below)
    • Mark Forum as Q&A(AddOn - Read below)

[*]Threads

• Thread Rating
    • Post Likes

[*]Usergoups Permissions (Unlimited Usergroups)

• Can View
    • Can Post
    • Can Edit
    • Edit time limit
    • Can Reply
    • Can Quote
    • Can Delete
    • Delete time limit
    • Can Rate
    • Can have Signature

[*]Others

• Report Posts
    • Report Users
    • Block Users
    • Ban Users (Currently permanently)
    • Advanced Search (see screenshot)
    • Quick Links (see screenshot)
    • Move Threads from Forum to Forum
    • Unlimited depth of Forums
    • Online Users
    • Nice modal User profile
    • Social Share
    • Subscribe to Forum
    • Subscribe to Thread
    • Follow User

[*]Small but very useful features are:

• Trusted Members: I've split the standard "Members" usegroup that exists in all forums in 2 groups:
      • Members
      • Trusted Members This will helps you to give more permissions to you old members.

[*]In General Settings there are 2 options which are working in conjuction each other and determine when a Member can be trust:

• After xxx days of his registration date
      • After xxx posts

[*]Some Anti-spam features: as an additional anti-spam control, I'm putting in moderation (bypassing usergroup permissions) posts that:

• The elapsed time between entering the form and submitting the form is very short
    • The elapsed time between 2 posts is very short. But in this case only the new post is going under moderation.

whmcsBB AddOns

Extend the power of whmcsBB with follow addons:

• Private Messages: xenForo like multiuser messaging
  • Community Newsletter: Inform users with an automatic (Daily or Weekly or Monthly) newsletter with latest threads, important threads or threads that you want to promote.
  • Memberlist
  • Bug Tracker: Mark forums as Bug Reports and all Threads in that forum will have a special interface to simulate a fully bug tracking system.
  • Questions/Answers: Mark forums as Questions and all Threads in that forum will have a special interface to simulate a fully Yahoo style Questions system.
  • .... and many more. My 11 years experiance in coding major vBulletin addons and my library of 50+ addons makes easy to add the most popular of them to whmcsBB.

License

• Lifetime Owned License
  • Lifetime Access to Downloads
  • 6 months Support
  • 1 Domain Installation
  • Brand Free (No Copyright Links)
  • 100% Visible Source Code

As always suggestions are welcome !

Chris

profile_4.png

profile_3.png

profile_1.png

forumlist.png

foro_extrafields.png

forum.png

When are you gonna post a demo? Screenshots just don't do justice. I'm prepared to spend money but I need to test out things like permalinks, how friendly it plays with Adblocks, what the backend is like, how good the search results are, etc..etc..

Looking forward to more updates! Great progress!!

• 2 weeks later...
How is the forum coming along Chris?

It's 00:45am right now here and I'm still working. Last week it was impossible to work more than 2-3 hours a day. We had 44oC. Never remember so high tempratures here.

I'm trying to finish it till Tuesday as from Wednesday will start again same hell.

But I'm by the end.

And here are 2 screenshots (Desktop & Mobile) from Forumdisplay (Threadlist).

As you can see there is a plethora of information similar to big forums. For Moderators there is also option to Open/Close, Hide/Unhide, Stick/Unstick and Delete the thread.

And giving attention even to siplier detail, all those Views, Replies etc are on singular when is a single value. eg 1 Reply, 1 Like etc

threalist.png

threalist_mobile.png

Edited by ChrisTERiS

Today I was in good mood so I decided to add some small (but nice) extra features. Among other User Menu Options should be one more "Notifications" (with Ajax updated badge). In the notifications page the user will be able to see a list of:

• New Threads in Forums that he follows
  • New Replies in Threads that he follows
  • Quotes on any of his posts
  • When someone clicks "Follow" on any of his threads
  • When someone Likes any of his post
  • When someone follows him

Normally in my PHP scripts in addition to this I've a popup notification but don't really think that is a need for now. Maybe in a later update.

And here is another screenshot from moderator's CP. Is a list of Threads awaiting approval. He has 4 possible actions:

• Edit Thread
  • Approve Thread
  • Reject Thread
  • Reject Thread and Ban Member

Also note the notification counters in sidebar. They're updating by Ajax requests without page refresh.

mod_threads.jpg

When are you gonna post a demo? Screenshots just don't do justice. I'm prepared to spend money but I need to test out things like permalinks, how friendly it plays with Adblocks, what the backend is like, how good the search results are, etc..etc..

Looking forward to more updates! Great progress!!

whmcsBB released. You can check it in my live site at: https://www.ewhmcs.com/forum.php

...this dude, making forums from scratch!! checkin' this out right now...

Are you able to share with me a trial or something so I can launch up and test it out?

Looks cool so far! Do you have an upcoming roadmap of things you plan to integrate? How many more development hours do you think are required to get it 100% perfect>?

...this dude, making forums from scratch!! checkin' this out right now...

Are you able to share with me a trial or something so I can launch up and test it out?

Looks cool so far! Do you have an upcoming roadmap of things you plan to integrate? How many more development hours do you think are required to get it 100% perfect>?

Depending on what do you mean by saying "100% perfect". eg List the features of the perfect Forum. But I want to be clear and honest with you (and with anybody here):

1.- If you maybe understood seeing my sites, all mods that I've developed are in use in my site. This means that I coded them mainly for my own use, so it was not a big risk even in case that I'll have zero sales.

2.- From now on everything depends on the amount of sales. Hope that you'll understand that to spend eg another 10 days to add a convertation system (multiuser PMs like xenforo) and/or a Newsletter for forum activity, while should be 3-4 sales only, is out of any logic.

Chris

We have it installed (not live yet) and all looks good, have spoken to Chris since early on in the project and he has not failed to deliver. This is a long awaited add on that should hopefully do well... we tried many bridges into other forums etc in the past and they simply didn`t work well... This being integrated with whmcs is a big thumbs up from us.

We also have to social blog addon too, that works spot on.

OK we have this installed now, there was one error we saw and reported, this was fixed within a few hours of submission.

Works well, does what we need it too... Needs a few more to use it now so Chris can get more feedback though from first release its worked better than any other whmcs integrated ones and any third party party forums that use a bridge script to whmcs.

Chris has put alot of work into this, and is genuine with his support, I do think this will be a winner for anyone that uses it.

• 5 years later...