Web design packages

graisbeck

I want to be able to offer 3 different levels of website design packages (eg small, medium, large) with a one-off cost payable immediately, and each package will include free hosting & domain for one year only.

After the first year the client will then have the option of renewing their domain, this will be a paid renewal and the option to keep their hosting but on a recurring monthly payment.

I've already created 3 website design products using 3 different cpanel modules and enabled a free domain with certain tld's (Offer a free domain registration/transfer only (renew as normal)). I understand that the domain renewal will be invoiced, but how do I set up the hosting to be invoiced after the first free year?

this sounds like a Product Bundle using a recurring promotion code for the first 12 months.

so each bundle would contain two products - website design (one-off) and web hosting (monthly), with the promotional code discounting the hosting price for the first year (recur value is 11)... after that first year, if the hosting product is renewed, the domain will be renewed (set product free domain setting to renew as normal), and the promotion price on the hosting will end and so full price charging should begin.

this sounds like a Product Bundle using a recurring promotion code for the first 12 months.

so each bundle would contain two products - website design (one-off) and web hosting (monthly), with the promotional code discounting the hosting price for the first year (recur value is 11)... after that first year, if the hosting product is renewed, the domain will be renewed (set product free domain setting to renew as normal), and the promotion price on the hosting will end and so full price charging should begin.

So, do I have to create a separate hosting plan to my original advertised plans in order to give away certain tld's until yearly renewal? I'm asking this because my original plans don't offer free domains.

Many thanks!

So, do I have to create a separate hosting plan to my original advertised plans in order to give away certain tld's until yearly renewal? I'm asking this because my original plans don't offer free domains.!

I suspect so - you could duplicate an existing product, enable the free domain option and hide the product - that way it wouldn't be visible in the cart products page, but you could still include it in your bundle.

I suspect so - you could duplicate an existing product, enable the free domain option and hide the product - that way it wouldn't be visible in the cart products page, but you could still include it in your bundle.

Hey brian!, Thanks for your valued input! I've set the bundles up as you described, and also included the promo code in the link from the order form and it works great!

My only issue was that there was no mention of the hosting plans changing to a monthly payment plan (if renewed) after the first "free" year in the shopping cart. So, I've manually added that information to the overview.

• 2 months later...
How I would do it is to create the hosting plan, and design plan separately. I would then use a coupon code to give them free hosting once they pay for the web design, that way you can control how long they get the free hosting account.

your a legend this was exactly what i was looking for

cheers