Additional Mailbox Billing Option

Hello,

Sometimes you just can't find something on a search, so here is my question.

I sell a hosting package, lets say it comes with 10 mailboxes, I want to have an addon option to allow the user to add the 11th mailbox, of course to also bill it residual. Not sure how to go about doing that. I did create an addon item for it, made 3 of the same item because of Monthly, quarterly or annual but not to happy with how I did that, but then I don't know how to associate that with a mailbox so that A it allows the user to add another mailbox and B if maybe it can figure out billing based on the hosting account cycle.

Any help or reference is appreciated!

one option might be to use a configurable option for the number of mailboxes, and give it a minimum/maximum range, e.g 1->100, or 10->20 etc

http://docs.whmcs.com/Addons_and_Configurable_Options

let's say its 10->20, and you price each mailbox at $1, you may need to reduce your base price by $10 to keep it at the same final price (as the cost of those 10 mailboxes will be added to the price)... also, if/when a client decides to upgrade from 10 to 11 mailboxes, they can just upgrade the configurable options via the client area and be invoiced accordingly...

http://docs.whmcs.com/Automated_Upgrades_and_Downgrades#Configurable_Options_Upgrades

and if you wanted the option of provisioning the change automatically, you could take a look at the WHMCS Configurable Package Addon.

So the issue I see with this is that we may have several prices for different packages and if a client see's they are getting billed $10 for email boxes they don't use they will ask for a discount.

Any other options?

I would think this is a common thing.

Thanks!