Client area DNS Host Record Management issue

In the client area, I click a target domain under "My Domains" and get taken to the Domain Details page. As DNS management is turned on, there's a "Manage Button". The link suggests that the next page will be a Domain DNS page, however instead it drops you back to the domains page (clientareadomains.tpl).

I use the OpenSRS Module, however the module logs are empty which suggests that the module isn't being invoked in this scenario. I do see logs when I lock or unlock a domain so I believe the module is logging functioning. Neither are there any system logs created by the attempt.

The manage button's href seems to point to the correct template (clientareadomaindns.tpl) with the correct domain ID loaded in the URL. My first guess was that the domain ID wasn't making it to the dns template, causing it to default to the domains page. However I tried reducing the template to one simple line of text, and still it defaulted to domain page. So that rules out the clientareadomainsdns template.

I also tried logging in as a client in a different browser that I rarely use (Opera) in which I've never used under the admin login, thinking a previous admin lgin was interfering with my client login. No luck.

Just a few thoughts -

» Does it happen when other templates are enabled?

» Is it a www vs non-www issue? i.e. is the href pointing to www while your site is on non-www, or vice versa?

» Is there a redirect in place in .htaccess, it would be strange, but it happens!

» Have you tried uploading the clientareadomaindns.tpl again to be sure the file isn't corrupt?

» If you open the F12 console, do you see errors when you transition from the domain page to the dns page? Usually when I have strange issues like this, I find clues in the console.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delayed reply: I discovered that the issue was merely that I was using OpenSRS instead of OpenSRS Pro. Silly mistake, but that said, I use both now. I changed the meaning of "Manage Domain" that comes up when ordering a domain, such that it's now a question of whether I should manage the customers domain, or they'll be doing so themselves. If they want to manage their own, they get OpenSRS Pro. If I'll be managing their DNS, they get legacy OpenSRS so that they can't manage their own DNS. Thanks to both for your replies, good questions that I'll ask myself the next time I run into problems. :)