Cron Next daily task run

I'm having so much trouble with the system cron. I can invoke it from the command line or my address bar. The cron is running every 5 minutes, however, it's not doing daily tasks.

The Automation Status screen says "Next Daily Task Run - 1 week". I have no idea how to change that or how it's determined.

It shows the last run 15 hours ago. Cron reports show it's running every 5 minutes, no errors in the crons folder. I have daily tasks set to 4am, they're not running even though cron is.

Any help or thoughts appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

It just switched from 15 hrs ago to 14 hrs ago lol...what is happening? I think it's possessed.

I believe I have this figured out, and maybe it can help someone else.

My daily tasks weren't running and this is how I fixed it:

1. Moved /crons/ folder to root -- I just did this because it's more secure, I don't think it's necessary to make this work.

2. Made sure my account had SSH access. It would be weird if it didn't but just in case. :)

3. Changed the cron command from this:

php -q /home/<USER>/<WHMCS>/crons/cron.php

to this:

/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/<USER>/crons/cron.php

Crons are running every 5 minutes and processing daily tasks at the time indicated in WHMCS now.