database connection fails after daily cron rus

Once daily cron runs, we get a "Critical Error Could not connect to the database" error. It lasts for about 2 minutes.

I have turned off backups and checked the activity log. The issue persists and there is nothing in the activity log that is helpful.

I suspect I need to increase some setting in MySQL but not sure what.

-Allan

Activating error log and I this:

[16-Jun-2017 14:01:53 UTC] [WHMCS Application] ERROR: PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory in /home/knighua7/public_html/clients/vendor/illuminate/database/Connectors/Connector.php:55 Stack trace: #0 etc.

Connector.php does exit in the directory referred to in the error.

Edited by aknight

Allan,

you might want to edit the above post - I think it might show your database username and password! :?:

is the cron completing or is it being interrupted at some stage?

for something like this, it might be worth opening a ticket with support and letting them take a look... and perhaps update the thread if/you they resolve it.

Hi,

please remove your database login from the error log.

According to results in google, where people had the same problem [1] [2], it helped when changing the database host to 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost.

If it does not help (what i believe), it could be that there is a problem with your database server. Did you checked your MySQL server logs? Maybe it is losing connection.