problem registering a .ca domain with resellerclub

So I tried to register a .ca domain via resellerclubs api and module and it throws this error:

Order Accept Encountered Problems

Invalid street format - range is 2 - 255 characters

The street address for the client is like this (edited for privacy)

123 Somerealstreet Street

City, Province, A1B2C3

Canada

Name is as individual and the CIRA agreement was ticked.

We also registered a .com for the client and it worked 100% automatically, so resellerclub API is 100% working

• 3 months later...

I had the same problem and it's with Resellerclub and WHMCS. Try registering the domain inside their "supersite" and you get the same error.

In my case it was an existing client in WHMCS who didn't have a customer record at Resellerclub. When WHMCS created the user record at RC, it had "0" for the address line 2 field, and since the length of "0" is 1, RC threw an error. I set address line 2 to blank and everything worked.

My guess is that when WHMCS was creating the record, it got an error somewhere and stored (int) false into line 2.

The validation error probably comes from the .CA registry, which is why it works for the .com and not the .ca. CIRA is really picky about valid data.