Customizing WHMCS Administration Area Issues

dalex

I am trying to customize WHMCS admin area and the changes I am saving aren't being applied to WHMCS. Your help is appreciated!

CSS

FILE: whmcs/administration/templates/login.css

body {

background-color: #fff !important;

}

FILE: whmcs/administration/templates/lara/css/all.min.css

table.datatable th {

border-radius:0px; background-color:#3076be;

}

IMAGES

I also uploaded a new image called whmcs.png and placed it in this folder (whmcs/assets/img) overwriting the original image but the new image isn't displaying on the login screen.

if it were me, what i'd do is customise login.tpl to use a custom.css...

<link href="templates/login.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
       <link href="templates/custom.css" rel="stylesheet">    

that way, the css won't get lost during an update - though you may potentially have to add the link back to the custom.css file after an update... but I can't really see any way around that. :?:

and then in custom.css...

body {
background-color: #fff !important;
}

Rjs3W1j.png

with regards to the Lara change, perhaps use the admin hook I posted in the thread below...

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?111051-Change-Tab-Color-and-Text&p=452667#post452667

that will automatically add a link in your admin header to a custom.css file - though perhaps you may need to change the link in the hook to /css/custom.css - then it's just a matter of creating the custom.css file and adding your code into it.

the advantage to this is that these changes should remain when you update WHMCS and/or Lara in the future.

Questions:

1) Where do I add: <link href="templates/custom.css" rel="stylesheet"> in the PHP file? I assume the PHP file I need to update is: whmcs/admin/login.php

2) How do I make the admin login page show the image I uploaded and overwrote the original whmcs image?

- - - Updated - - -

I tried creating a hook and it didn't work.

Inside includes/hooks I created a file called admincss.php

It has the below code in it:

<?php

function admin_custom_css_hook($vars) {

$currenttemplate = $vars['template'];

$head_return = '';

$head_return = '<link href="templates/'.$currenttemplate.'/custom_css.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />';

return $head_return;

}

add_hook("AdminAreaHeadOutput",1,"admin_custom_css_hook");

The css for custom_css.css is located here: public_html/whmcs/admin/templates/lara/css/custom_css.css

Questions:

1) Where do I add: <link href="templates/custom.css" rel="stylesheet"> in the PHP file? I assume the PHP file I need to update is: whmcs/admin/login.php

forget about the php files in the admin area, nearly all of them are encoded, so access is not possible...

you would add the line to whmcs/admin/templates/login.tpl - the link to login.min.css is already there, so just add the link to the custom.css file after it...

2) How do I make the admin login page show the image I uploaded and overwrote the original whmcs image?

I just renamed the original to whmcs2.png, uploaded the amazon logo, renamed it to whmcs.png and refreshed the login page in the browser... you might be running into a browser caching issue. :?:

I tried creating a hook and it didn't work.

Inside includes/hooks I created a file called admincss.php

The css for custom_css.css is located here: public_html/whmcs/admin/templates/lara/css/custom_css.css

the hook will need to use the correct path...

$head_return = '<link href="templates/'.$currenttemplate.'/css/custom_css.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />';