Post update issues

for the last one, it will be because you are using a custom/renamed theme.... short-term fix for that will be to copy the error and/or store folders from six to your custom template and that should (ironically) get rid of the page not found template errors... long-term, you'll need to go through the templates to make sure they're up to date with v7.2.1

The Automation is showing that cron status is now ok but I'm not recieving emails to inform me that the cron jobs have completed anymore, and the system activity log is showing this error -

"Admin Email Notification Sending Failed - PHPMailer Exception - Could not instantiate mail function. (Subject: WHMCS Daily System Cron Attention Needed)"

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?87826-Admin-Email-Message-Sending-Failed-PHPMailer-Exception-SMTP-Error&p=370827#post370827

You'll need to check with your mail server admin that your Setup > General Settings > Mail tab > System Emails From Email is a valid sender on your mail server

I dread to say you might need to contact support - they'll know more about the cron issues than me... I would imagine it's one of the most "popular" topics for support tickets since their cron changes were introduced. :)

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?87826-Admin-Email-Message-Sending-Failed-PHPMailer-Exception-SMTP-Error&p=370827#post370827

I dread to say you might need to contact support - they'll know more about the cron issues than me... I would imagine it's one of the most "popular" topics for support tickets since their cron changes were introduced. :)

brian!.. I submitted a ticket two days ago and no reply. I'm totally fed up with it and I only just started using WHMCS a couple of months ago. I should of waited several months until the dust settles before updating to 7.2.1

brian!.. I submitted a ticket two days ago and no reply. I'm totally fed up with it and I only just started using WHMCS a couple of months ago.

it's disappointing to hear about your lack of response from WHMCS support... I thought the recent price rises were to increase the quality of the product and support provided... seems to have been wasted. :?:

spending a little longer in development, could have saved support a whole lot of time and effort... but they seem insistent on releasing an unfinished product whenever possible. :roll:

I should of waited several months until the dust settles before updating to 7.2.1

it's never a bad idea to wait a while before installing an update (except perhaps a security one) - definitely wait a while when WHMCS release a major update (7.0, 7.1, 7.2 and, when the time comes, 7.3)...

i've been around here long enough to know that WHMCS regularly release their updates long before they are ready - especially the major ones... almost without fail, they'll release an v7.x.1 update with a week/fortnight of a major release - although this time they outdid themselves and had to release the update within hours of v7.20 ! :twisted:

The Automation is showing that cron status is now ok but I'm not recieving emails to inform me that the cron jobs have completed anymore, and the system activity log is showing this error -

Do we know if they are working on this, or are they just burying their heads for a few weeks until they come up with a solution?

Also, just to update - the 'Automation' status is now displaying - 'cron status error' last run 23/05/17.

Do we know if they are working on this, or are they just burying their heads for a few weeks until they come up with a solution?

one would hope that they're trying to find the causes of the issues that are being reported to them... praying.gif

what tends to happen is if the cause can be put down to one or two bad files, they'll release a hotfix patch for that issue... it it's more serious/widespread, then the solution will be rolled into a v7.2.2 maintenance release.

and in answer to your next question, I don't know if/when a v7.2.2 version will be released - could literally be in the next five minutes, or in two months time - only WHMCS will know. :idea:

if you get your license from WHMCS direct, you should be able to download the latest full release from https://download.whmcs.com/

It's a leased license through EZPZ. I actually received a reply from WHMCS today asking me to run a force cron to run command via SSH, which I did using PuTTY. Afterwards, I received a system email informing me that all cron tasks had completed. I've also changed system emails to SMTP instead of PHPmail() to see if that helps. :!: