Whmcs Hacked

docsharp

My installation of WHMCS was hacked and now I need to figure out how to get everything back on track.

Unfortunately I don't know what Version I was on, but I am sure it was not the latest.

I still have backups of my database, is it at all possible to reinstall WHMCS (The newest version) and link it to my old database? If not, any suggestions on What I should do?

They messed up the Configuration.php File so I am not sure how to fix that without upgrading/reinstalling.

• WHMCS CEO

What you should do is delete all the existing files, then upload all the files from the latest zip file download, perform all the steps as if a new installation, and then once setup and working, empty the database of the tables added by the new installation and import your backup, then follow the steps for upgrading in the readme.

Matt

Thanks Matt. There is one problem. Last night I downloaded the newest version but there is no readme file in there? Not sure why... Any ideas why and how I can get it?

Will all my settings be the same? Like hosting plans and so fourth when I load the database into the new installation?

• WHMCS CEO

You should find the readme file in the top level folder. If not, try redownloading the zip. Following the steps I gave above will mean your DB is fully restored to the time of the backup so the hosting plans will be exactly as before.

Matt