Cart+

Cart+ (Cart Plus) extends the poor design of WHMC product listing by giving you the ability to insert a product page between the Product listing and Add to Cart. Mainly focus to those who are using WHMCS for anything other than Hosting, but even for Hosting plans works fine as you can add plenty of details. Works with Products and Bundles too.

What extra information you can add:

1. First of all you'll decide what type of page template the product will uses:

1. None. In this case in the listing the button will links to cart.
    2. Page with tabs. This is for those who add lot of data
    3. Simple page. In this case all data will appear on the same (long) page

[*]Product details using HTML editor

[*]Requirements

[*]Main Photo

[*]Photo Gallery

[*]File attachments

[*]Links (eg Forums, Support, FAQ etc). Depending on your settings (per Link) you can open the link in new window or on the same window).

[*]Versions

[*]Comments. Comments work globally and/or per product. Available options:

1. No Comments
      2. Disqus comments
      3. Facebook comments

[*]Rich content Social share to Facebook, Twitter, Google+

[*]Licenses. This is very nice feature for those (eg selling themes and/or modules) who have different version. The product detail page is one but they can link as many hidden products they want

[*]For Links & Licenses you can set even the button collor and for Licenses, in addition, the text to appear. eg Buy Now for most cases, but if it's a free download maybe you want to show "Download it".

There are also some global features like:

1. Currency converter in product pages
      2. Has its onwn product.tpl, child template of standard_cart template but you can edit file theme.yaml and change to your own theme.
      3. Unlike WHMCS product listing which displays products and bandles on the same listing, Cart+ displays bundles in the sidebar so they're more well visible.

I'm preparing some screenshots to include but you can give a look in my site: https://www.teriakis.com/cart.php

Chris

homepage.png

product_tab_up.png

admin.png

admin_product_files.png

admin_product_gallery.png

admin_product_licenses.png

Edited by ChrisTERiS
Adding Screenshots

Possible to each tab movement is using ajax, or not reload the page at all?

How to order?

Even if usually I'm using Ajax tabs (in my vB mods), on this one I decided to use tabs with page refresh. Ajax tabs are nice, I admit it, but have 3 disadvantages:

1.- When there are lot of data it takes sometimes to appear on the page, thus the page appears a bit ugly.

2.- Uunnecessary queries. Using Ajax tabs you must prepare data (so run queries) for all tabs. With page refresh tabs I'm runing only the needing for that tab queries.

3.- I'm looking ahead :) I'm planing to add in the next version Reviews. They'll need pagination and ajax tabs (most of them) have problems to work with pagination.

That's the reasons that I decided to use page refresh. Depending on the client's feedback maybe I'll replace them with Ajax tabs. Actually it got me more time to use them than if I was using Ajax tabs.

You can order at: https://www.teriakis.com/ Please note that till now I had many different domains eg for vB mods, each PHP script etc. Now I'm moving them all in a domain so my site is still a bit ugly and not full of content. But support section works.

Thank you

Chris

Using AJAX means decoupling the data interchange layer from the presentation layer, Ajax allows for Web pages, and by extension Web applications, to change content dynamically without the need to reload the entire page.

You can add loading indicator when loading AJAX content.

Using AJAX means decoupling the data interchange layer from the presentation layer, Ajax allows for Web pages, and by extension Web applications, to change content dynamically without the need to reload the entire page.

You can add loading indicator when loading AJAX content.

Still the pagination does not works. Active tab loooses focus, even using cookies. In anycase the current version is with page refresh. The code is visible and full of comments for each procedure. Just in case that someone wants to modify it. I kept the price to minimum possible. 35 Euros with 100% visible code, Brand free, I don't think that other script exists. I seen in the Marketplace script which just adds a photo to product at $60.

Maybe a future idea instead or in addition to comments would be a Review tab?

As I wrote above, Reviews is a must and I'll add them in the next update. Actually my original module was "Products & Reviews" so I've the code ready, just need to make some tests for compatibility.

But why "instead"? They're different. eg According to my experiance comments are using for a type of pre-sales questions. And as there is a setting to globally disable them (or per product), they can stay here.

As for Reviews, the setting on who can Rate is:

- All Register Clients

- Only those who bought it.

By the chance, I want to make clear something about pricing, to avoid misunderstanding. My original pricing schema (as you can see from the screenshots) was to have 2 versions:

1.- Encoded with Copyright link at 35 Euros

2.- Visible code with Brand Free at 75 Euros.

Finally I decided to avoid at all encoded versions so I released the 2nd version at the price of the 1st version. When I'll release the version which includes Reviews the price should increase to 50 Euros, which is the average between 1st and 2nd version above.

• 3 years later...