Problems with update 7.2.1 and ioncube 6 + php7

Hi!

I've just update to whmcs 7.2.1, and I am resolving manually all issues, but this is a problem that I can't to fix. Some admin areas needs to be executed with php 5.6 with ioncube 5, and I don't know why I can't use full php 7.0 + ioncube 6.

For example, I can go to admin/configregistrars.php and I see this message:

Oops!
Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.

Please go back to the previous page and try again.

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: The file /home/esquionet/public_html/clientes/modules/registrars/dottk/dottk.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.0.
Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown:0
Stack trace:
#0 /home/esquionet/public_html/clientes/vendor/filp/whoops/src/Whoops/Run.php(382): Whoops\Run->handleError(16, 'The file /home/...', 'Unknown', 0)
#1 [internal function]: Whoops\Run->handleShutdown()
#2 {main}

You can say to me that I can remove dottk registrar if I don't use it, but I remove it and there are the same errors on at least 15 folders more. I can't remove all folders that aren't compatible with ioncube 6.

How can I get the files compiled for ioncube 6?

Hi!

I've just update to whmcs 7.2.1, and I am resolving manually all issues, but this is a problem that I can't to fix. Some admin areas needs to be executed with php 5.6 with ioncube 5, and I don't know why I can't use full php 7.0 + ioncube 6.

For example, I can go to admin/configregistrars.php and I see this message:

Oops!
Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.

Please go back to the previous page and try again.

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: The file /home/esquionet/public_html/clientes/modules/registrars/dottk/dottk.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.0.
Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown:0
Stack trace:
#0 /home/esquionet/public_html/clientes/vendor/filp/whoops/src/Whoops/Run.php(382): Whoops\Run->handleError(16, 'The file /home/...', 'Unknown', 0)
#1 [internal function]: Whoops\Run->handleShutdown()
#2 {main}

You can say to me that I can remove dottk registrar if I don't use it, but I remove it and there are the same errors on at least 15 folders more. I can't remove all folders that aren't compatible with ioncube 6.

How can I get the files compiled for ioncube 6?

http://docs.whmcs.com/Changelog:WHMCS_V7.1

MODULE-6237 - Remove dot.tk module from distribution

Also known as: CORE-8425

it's safe to remove it! :idea:

what's probably occurring, if this is after an upgrade, is that you have old files on the server (e.g compatible with your previous version but not this one) that were encoded with an older version of Ioncube... instead of wanting to get them compiled for Ioncube 6, you should really consider deleting them - depending on the version you upgraded from, they'll likely be a few registrar modules you can safely delete if you aren't using them.

I can recall /includes/whoisfunctions.php and whoisservers.php potentially causing issues too.

if you get a similar error, see if that file/folder is included in the full v7.2.1 release zip - if it isn't, and it's not a 3rd-party addon, then you shouldn't need it.... and if it is a 3rd-party addon, then you'd need to contact the developer.

It's really annoying because one of the problematic registrars is Internet.bx, that I don't use right now but I have several domains registered with them still active. I can't remove that folder, so I need it encoded with ioncube 6.

However, thank you for your help. The registrars and servers that I don't use will be removed.

do you mean internetbs?

http://docs.whmcs.com/InternetBS

I would have thought if you were using the version included with WHMCS v7.2.1 that it would be encoded for Ioncube 6... :?:

if so, and it isn't encoded correctly, then you should probably contact support to see what they say about it.

if it's internetbs' own WHMCS module, then you may need to contact them about this.