Market Connect Prices

Si

Just wondering if it's only me, but does anyone think the market connect prices make it unviable to sell the products?

EG: Weebly sells their basic account here in the UK at £5 per month (£60 per year) They also include a free domain and $100 google adwords voucher.

The wholesale price I'm looking at is $5.75 (USD) which equates to about £4.40 per month. Annually it's £47.82 with the exchange rate. By the time I add in processing fees etc, (and if I was to match the free domain) it wouldn't be worth my while.

Monthly it would cost me money (without giving a free domain).

Annually giving a free domain, and processing costs, I'd make a few pence....and have to support the customer.

If I was to apply the recommended pricing that WHMCS suggest in the app, we would simply drive customers to weebly directly, where they could it much cheaper.

Why would they buy from me?

Why would I bother selling this?

Am I missing something here?

Edited by Si

one minor difference between the two is that I think if you go to Weebly direct, they host the site; if you order it through MarketConnect, then it's hosted on your servers.

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?127762-WHMCS-Turning-into-a-Affiliate-Service-Company&p=511290#post511290

personally, I wouldn't touch MarketConnect with a bargepole - I don't want it, I won't even play with it in a dev and there will come a time when I won't even be able to answer questions about it - but so be it.

one minor difference between the two is that I think if you go to Weebly direct, they host the site; if you order it through MarketConnect, then it's hosted on your servers.

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?127762-WHMCS-Turning-into-a-Affiliate-Service-Company&p=511290#post511290

personally, I wouldn't touch MarketConnect with a bargepole - I don't want it, I won't even play with it in a dev and there will come a time when I won't even be able to answer questions about it - but so be it.

Can you elaborate on why you wouldn't recommend touching MarketConnect?

That's an interesting thread. Thanks for the reply brian!.

I already offer spam experts, and two site builders, as well as SSL certs - so was just wondering in the validity of Market Connect and it's viability. Seems in it's current format, it is not really going to attract many WHMCS users.

No, it's not just you. I'm UK based also. With potential exchange rate fluctuations it's just not viable for Weebly and SpamExperts. The margins are too tight and in the case of Weebly, you'd be mad as a client not to go direct to them.

SSL certs are potentially ok but you can get them cheaper elsewhere and you can sell non-Symantec SSLs which might be a definite requirement if Google pull support for them.

• 1 month later...
No, it's not just you. I'm UK based also. With potential exchange rate fluctuations it's just not viable for Weebly and SpamExperts. The margins are too tight and in the case of Weebly, you'd be mad as a client not to go direct to them.

SSL certs are potentially ok but you can get them cheaper elsewhere and you can sell non-Symantec SSLs which might be a definite requirement if Google pull support for them.

I know this thread is a little old but I just posed this to WHMCS sales support.

Weebly offers their product to the public at a starting price point of $8.00 per month unlimited space that they host on their servers. They offer it to us to resell at $5.72 per month tell us the suggested price is $8.99 per month plus the cost you would charge your customer for basic hosting. To compete with Weebly I would need to loose money. Any smart customer would simply jump ship and go directly to them.

WHMCS makes money if you use the Market Connect. Weebly makes out like a bandit because they use your server, space and resources for their web site builder.

Not sure about SPAM Experts.

Looking at the pricing on the Symantec SSL's. The price on the Rapid SSL is a great price. $8.95 per year. The cheapest I can get them is $7.99 per year. Well worth the $8.95 to have this process automated through WHMCS. Definitely jumping on this.