Searching invoice data

Chris74

Hi, I'm really struggling with the very poor search options available in WHMCS. The search criteria are so limited.

I'm trying to find invoices that were due in Jan but paid in December and also invoices that were due in December but paid in Jan. Most billing systems allow you to search multiple fields with date ranges - but WHMCS only allows you to search for one particular day. So If I want to find invoices that were raised, or paid between certain dates, there is no way of doing that - plus, the search results don't even contain a "date paid" column. It really sucks! This software is really badly let down by the very restrictive search filters. How difficult can it be to add more criteria and more search fields? After all, the info is all there in the database!

Has anyone found a way around this? I'm not a programmer so I don't have the first clue about creating reports. It's a shame nobody has developed a "database search module" that adds a whole bunch more options.

Chris,

the existing Invoices Report should be able to do what you want...

Generate a custom export of invoice information by applying up to 5 filters. CSV Export is available via the download link at the bottom of the page.

you'll have access to all three dates (creation, due and paid) and will be able to search on all 3... e.g let's say you want a list of the invoices due in April... in the filter you select Due Date, Containing and then 2017-04 (for April this year).

AWoXgfP.png

if you then want to add a second filter to show those due in April but paid in May, you'd add Date Paid, Containing and 2017-05 and so on.