Upgrade cron problems

I too have a problem with this upgrade.

After upgrading I had to reinstall my database as it no longer worked, since then when the daily cron runs I get:

"System

Cron Job: ERROR : Unable to unlock tables: HY000 2030 This command is not supported in the prepared statement protocol yet"

The 5 minute run seems to work ok and this only comes up with the Daily run when trying to backup the database.

Hi malcm,

There is a bug fix report CaseID: CORE-11296 for investigation into the MySQL error.

Quote from support is:

I believe it to be related to the size of your database being over the limit for PHP to successfully process the backup along with the new Error reporting functionality in WHMCS 7.2 that it is now showing an error.
Edited by Vox

Having the exact same problem and more since last upgrade.

Database backup sent via email not working, client area throws "Oops" error message. You can't "Login as client", etc.

My system was working perfectly before the upgrade. I do hate when they say it's a server config problem, when it only happens after I apply their upgrade.

Now that I know there is a known issue, that I wasn't told about, I feel no better.

Submitted a ticket last week and they apparently didn't dig too deep. The software is useless to me right now.