Custome Order Template

Hello,

I want to create a new cart template modifying 2-3 tpl files only. If I understood well reading this, the steps that I must do are:

1. Create a new subdirectory in orderforms. eg mytemplate
  2. Copy from standard_cart directory ONLY(?) the tpl files that I plan to modify. Here comes a question. I also want to add some stylevar in css file. Somewhere I read that I must add them to custom.css? And if yes this custom.css must exist in mytemplate/css/ . Am I right?
  3. Next step is to create a theme.yaml (or mytemplate.yaml??) file with content:

config:
   parent: standard_cart

Finally from what I seen, I must create a thumbnail.gif image 165w X 97h . Another question: Where I'll add the public name displaying at admincp-> Settings-> Ordering?

Is that's all? Also as I seen in my editor there is extention .yml (Ain't Markup Language). Do I need to use this or .yaml as the article says?

Thank you

Chris

Edited by ChrisTERiS
Typo

Hi Chris,

I want to create a new cart template modifying 2-3 tpl files only. If I understood well reading this, the steps that I must do are:

1. Create a new subdirectory in orderforms. eg mytemplate
  2. Copy from standard_cart directory ONLY(?) the tpl files that I plan to modify. Here comes a question. I also want to add some stylevar in css file. Somewhere I read that I must add them to custom.css? And if yes this custom.css must exist in mytemplate/css/ . Am I right?
  3. Next step is to create a theme.yaml (or mytemplate.yaml??) file with content:

Finally from what I seen, I must create a thumbnail.gif image 165w X 97h . Another question: Where I'll add the public name displaying at admincp-> Settings-> Ordering?

Is that's all? Also as I seen in my editor there is extention .yml (Ain't Markup Language). Do I need to use this or .yaml as the article says?

2. it will be style.css not custom.css

3. it will be .yaml and the thumbnail image can be bigger than those dimensions if necessary - it gets resized to 165x90 in the page anyway, so there's no set size for them.

... and the public name is taken from the folder name - so whatever you call the folder, will be used as it's name.

Thank you, even if I already did it :) But your support is highly appreciated. Only that .yml causes some doubts. I added editor's .yml and works fine. Do you think that is better to change it to .yaml?

- - - Updated - - -

2. it will be style.css not custom.css

Do I need to append to that file or clear content and just add my extra stylevars?

Thank you, even if I already did it :) But your support is highly appreciated. Only that .yml causes some doubts. I added editor's .yml and works fine. Do you think that is better to change it to .yaml?

if you say it works fine, then either should work... it's just that with WHMCS, the slightest thing can cause problems, so i've always used .yaml to match the existing templates.

Do I need to append to that file or clear content and just add my extra stylevars?

depends how different your custom template is going to look from standard_cart... but i'd be tempted to leave the content there for now and append with yours... easier to have too much and trim later than remove it now and then have to add it back to get it visually correct.