Oops! Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.

So i'm one of the lucky ones to have the "Oops! Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request." and be stuck with it. This (from what i have found so far) only happens under configproducts.php, i can see the page itself, but trying to add or edit products, gives the error every time.

• I am running within the minimal WHMCS server requirements.
  • I have Enabled and Disabled Error reporting in PHP, both giving the same results.
  • I have Enabled and Disabled show errors (together with the above) and i still only see the "oops.....", however in the activity log it says: Error: exception 'Whoops\Exception\ErrorException' with message 'Undefined offset: 1' in /var/####/####/####/####/####/admin/configproducts.php:0 Stack trace: #0 /var/####/####/####/####/####/admin/configproducts.php(0): Whoops\Run->handleError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/var/####/####...', 0, Array) #1 {main}
  • Which i unfortunately didn't understand much of.
  • I tried to roll back to version 7.1 where the issue wasn't and then try a Manual update (rather then automatic update) to 7.2.1 , however this didn't change anything.
  • I can't recall or recreate it, but at some point in all my clicking and testing i ended on a page giving me an error with something like: 'Class 'Smarty_Internal_ParseTree_DqContent' not found' in...... , i was unfortunately tired, annoying and worn out and went to bed then and now cant find that error again, but figured i would throw it in anyway.
  • To the above smarty error, i tried to delete the smarty folder under Vendor and reupload from whmcs full package again, making sure there was a Smarty_internal_parsetree file. The issue was still there after that, but again i can't seem to find it now.

I read some suggestions of updating PHP to version 7, which i have requested from the Host, but that wont be happening any time soon, as of now im running on PHP Version 5.6.30

any suggestions would be highly appreciated

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

Seeing an Oops error page like this indicates an error occurred during the generation of the page. The error can be anything, from a simple notice or warning to a fatal error that halts execution. It's the PHP error reporting level on your server that determines which types of errors will trigger it.

In this case, it appears the error is just a low level warning and not something to be concerned about. It does however suggest your PHP error_reporting level on the server is a little high for a production environment and we would recommend reducing it in your servers php configuration to 0, or at least to exclude warnings and notices.

-Ed

it has already been deactivated, yet the error was still there.

I will take it up with the server Tech, if they can see why its still showing reports then.

thanks.

Edited by denully

i have the same problem

Oops!

Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.

Please go back to the previous page and try again.

clients can not access their accounts and the worst part no one can place a new order.

ticket #SOR-913935 - error client area after update to 7.2

i have the same problem

Oops!

clients can not access their accounts and the worst part no one can place a new order.

ticket #SOR-913935 - error client area after update to 7.2

if you enable Error Logging and try again, do you also, i the log, see some issues with Smarty ?

I have unfortunately yet resolved my issue either, so just trying to see if we both have issues with Smarty and that might be whats causing all this.

I resolved, I delete the LANG folder and I uploaded a new one again, the upgrade installation leave a langupdate.php file in the folder that it was causing the problem.

whmcs used to answer their support ticket faster now takes days.

ah glad it worked out, unfortunately the language fix didnt help with mine :(

and yea your right, the support/update package got more expensive and the speed of service dropped.

Turns out the problem was a server module in whmcs, one we had for phpmumbleadmin. why it caused issues for normal products i dont know, as they had no connections what so ever.

Edited by denully

• 2 weeks later...

+1 on this - I deleted a bunch of legacy/unnecessary modules from the Modules/Servers folder and the error was fixed. As you mentioned i don't know why either as they had no connections what so ever to any of the modules I was using, wasted a few hours on this one.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In my case, it's was caused by a file called internetsecure.php. You can delete it or rename its file to internetsecure.php.bak in /whmcs/modules/gateways/

But before you do that, please follow the following guidelines to temporarily enable Error Reporting Levels in WHMCS... http://help.whmcs.com/s/16847/m/68919/l/736580-an-oops-something-went-wrong-error-after-update

• 3 months later...

We had the same " Oops! Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request." after the client logged in. Hitting back did allow users to get to client area. We turned Display Errors on in General-Settings>Other. This displayed the error below and we were able to find the Module causing our issue.  Just for everyone's info; we removed the module and then installed the latest version but finally decided to just not use it. In our case it was no longer needed. 

Fatal error: Call to a member function item() on null in /home/bgnhosti/public_html/modules/servers/cpanelExtended/classes/cPanel/unban/class.cpanelUnbanModule.php on line 213
Oops!

exception 'Whoops\Exception\ErrorException' with message 'Call to a member function item() on null' in /home/bgnhosti/public_html/modules/servers/cpanelExtended/classes/cPanel/unban/class.cpanelUnbanModule.php:213
Stack trace:
#0 /home/bgnhosti/public_html/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Utility/Error/Run.php(0): WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleError(1, 'Call to a membe...', '/home/bgnhosti/...', 213)
#1 [internal function]: WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleShutdown()
#2 {main}

• 1 month later...

hello

i updated my whmcs to 7.4.2 and upgrade php to ver 7

after i upgraded they i have this problem

----------------------------------------------

!

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Module 'PDO' already loaded in Unknown:0
Stack trace:

0 /home2/novinser/public_html/shop/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Utility/Error/Run.php(0): WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleError(32, 'Module 'PDO' al...', 'Unknown', 0)

1 [internal function]: WHMCS\Utility\Error\Run->handleShutdown()

• 3 weeks later...

FIXED AND RUNNING:   (please do appropriate backups first)

Copy , download or chattr +i  configuration php file in billing folder
Save any custom images etc
empty out billing directory and upload all new files 

make sure old version/copy of configuration.php file is in folder, fix name of admin folder and go....   

Version of some file somewhere was old and did not have time to research which (error reporting turn off in admin panel?  kind of hard when system wont let you on right?)

On 3/26/2018 at 9:31 AM, Randall_J said:

error reporting turn off in admin panel?  kind of hard when system wont let you on right?

Login to your control panel
Find PHPmyadmin
Select the WHMCS DB
In the SQL tab, run:

UPDATE tblconfiguration SET value='on' WHERE setting= 'DisplayErrors'

There you go

Just make sure to turn it off when you're done.