Community Forums

Discuss, share and get help from our community of friendly WHMCS users

Close
Login to Your Account

Post Option to configure GST for Indian customers

Hello,

Comprehensive indirect tax reform by the name of GST (Goods & Services Tax) is proposed to be introduced in India w.e.f. 01-July-2017. The said reform is a fundamental change in the framework of indirect taxes and impacts not only the rates of tax but also various business processes and associated documentation.

The tax calculations are different for each state.
    I would like to know whether the latest version of WHMCS supports GST or it is under development.

If it supports then how to configure it.

Thanks,
    Archana

Default Re: Option to configure GST for Indian customers

Archana,

Quote Originally Posted by archana View Post
    Comprehensive indirect tax reform by the name of GST (Goods & Services Tax) is proposed to be introduced in India w.e.f. 01-July-2017. The said reform is a fundamental change in the framework of indirect taxes and impacts not only the rates of tax but also various business processes and associated documentation.

The tax calculations are different for each state.
    I would like to know whether the latest version of WHMCS supports GST or it is under development.
    If it supports then how to configure it.
    there is no native support for it, and I seriously doubt if it's even under development by WHMCS (though you'd have to contact them to get a definitive answer to that)... but there's been a US Counties Tax feature request for four years and I suspect that's not even something WHMCS are planning to do either.

I think the issue (or similar) has been asked previously...

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.p...066#post504066

I suspect your only solution will be to pay for a 3rd-party addon - as you have posted in this subforum, you might get replies from developers asking you to go to their site to give them more details...

the only other way would be to fake it in the invoice, but if you say that each state is different, then even that might be complicated to do in the invoice.

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.p...-Tax-Splitting

Hello Archana,

We are planning to develop the GST tax module. Since we are also India and our other products also comes under GST so you may contact us here.

Thanks

Hello,

We are also having similar doubts as how to handle GST calculations for intrastate & interstate transactions.

GST in India is complicated as there are 3 types of GST - SGST (State GST), CGST (Centeral GST) and IGST (Interstate GST)

SGST and CGST is applied for intrastate transcations at euqal rate (9%+9%) and IGST is applied for interstate transactions at flat 18%

Since tax calculation is based on point of service consumption, it will have too many level of taxes for various states.

What we understand so far is: Currently, WHMCS allows only selection of 1 state at a time. If we have to add tax for 36 states separately, we will have to add 36 IGST Tax Rules for each state.

If WHMCS Tax Rules can be changed to allow multiple selections of states, then GST application in WHMCS is simplified as below:

Apply SGST at level 1 and CGST at level 2 for our native state. i.e. I am based in Mumbai, Maharastra, so I will apply SGST 9% at Level 1 and CGST at 9% at Level 2.

For all remaining states, I will add only Level 1 Tax as IGST at 18%. This is possible if we have multi-select states option in one go. Or we create this rule for other 35 states individually.

We need support from WHMCS team to allow multi-select states to apply GST. I hope this will help address the issue for other WHMCS users in india.

Thank you,
    Deepak Sakhrani
    Hiya Digital Private Limited

Hello Hiya,

We are making the architecture with our CA if you have any more suggestion please contact us here.

Thanks