7.2 Cron Job / Emails

Has anyone else had issues with the 7.2 emails during the cron job?

It seems that everything ran and generated invoices however it is not sending us the daily report or emailing the clients the invoices. I went into a client and manually resent product welcome information and it sent without issues.

- - - Updated - - -

To go back and clarify this a little:

1. The Domain Sync email did send around the same time the Cron Job runs nightly

2. However no invoices generated from the Cron Job run, or the cron job report was sent via email

3. Automation Status says everything ran OK

4. Database backups are configured both as FTP and Email however the status says it did not run

Edited by Sliffer21

I've had quite a few smtp/phpmailer errors on 7.2.1.. so far the cronjob emails have been working ok for me. I'm not ready to blame WHMCS 7.2.1 entirely as an error like that can often indicate a connectivity issue.. but I will dig deeper into it as it's only started once I upgraded to 7.2.1

How often are you running your system cron? ie from crontab

Every 5 mins as recommended?

Edited by xyzulu

I do have it set to run every 5 minutes, with the daily cron running at 00:00.

As a twist it seems to have ran last night and successfully email myself as well as invoice to clients.

However during the database backup we are now seeing the following:

05/18/2017 00:00

Cron Job: Backup Complete

System

Cron Job: ERROR : Unable to unlock tables: HY000 2014 Cannot execute queries while other unbuffered queries are active. Consider using PDOStatement::fetchAll(). Alternatively, if your code is only ever going to run against mysql, you may enable query buffering by setting the PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_USE_BUFFERED_QUERY attribute.

System

Cron Job: Starting Backup Database Dump

System

Cron Job: Starting Backup Generation

System

However no backup is being sent via FTP or email, both are enabled.

We use FTP over SSH (SFTP) however we have been using it for many versions without issues until now.

I'm having the same issue, all automation jobs run, send emails etc, just the back up will not process nor can I do a manual download of it. this is the error:

Cron Job: ERROR : Unable to unlock tables: HY000 2014 Cannot execute queries while other unbuffered queries are active. Consider using PDOStatement::fetchAll(). Alternatively, if your code is only ever going to run against mysql, you may enable query buffering by setting the PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_USE_BUFFERED_QUERY attribute.

Nothing in the setup has changed other than the system went on pHp7. All was working perfect until the php upgrade.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Bill