Community Forums

Discuss, share and get help from our community of friendly WHMCS users

Close
Login to Your Account

Default Looks like the helpdesk behaves differently in 7.2

A lot of our client accounts have multiple contacts. Previously if someone filed a ticket, they would be the only contact (well, they and the account owner) who would get emails on the discussion thread. This was in some ways good, and in some ways bad because we have some clients who want to have some of the contacts receive ALL the emails just like the account owner. I always wished there was a way to set a particular client to be copied on all trouble tickets but I never saw a way to configure this.

In 7.2 it appears that ALL of the contacts are being copied on ALL of the tickets for a client. This is bad because now all the accounting people, etc. seem to be getting copies of all of the tickets. This really needs to go back to the old behavior or preferably be a settable behavior for each contact.

Default Re: Looks like the helpdesk behaves differently in 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by cruiskeenconsulting View Post
    In 7.2 it appears that ALL of the contacts are being copied on ALL of the tickets for a client. This is bad because now all the accounting people, etc. seem to be getting copies of all of the tickets. This really needs to go back to the old behavior or preferably be a settable behavior for each contact.
    As far as I know this was default behaviour before as well.. ONLY if a contact had the "receive support notifications" ticked of course..
    Brad Baker
    xyzulu.hosting

That's really not the way it is documented, and it's not in my experience the way it has behaved in the past. Actually the details of how the email options REALLY work is pretty murky in the docs. But it has always been my experience that in the past people only get emails on tickets they have opened themselves.

Hi,
    Thanks for the report. Case #CORE-10564 is open with our developers in order to restore the ticket notification behaviour observed in the version 6 series and earlier.
    WHMCompleteSolution
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System
    www.whmcs.com