Disable Registration with E-Mail-Adresses from own Domains

what do you mean by "their own domains"? :?:

do you mean if I register 'whmcs2017.com' with you, I cannot then later try to signup using an info@whmcs2017.com email address ?? although what would happen if I registered whmcs2017.com elsewhere, signed up at your site using that address and then tried to transfer the domain to you?

anyway, I suspect the feature you're looking at using is Ban Control...

Banning Email Domains

With WHMCS it is possible to ban email domains from signing up. This is useful if you want to block customers signing up using free email accounts.

To enable this feature, simply go to Setup > Other > Manage Banned Emails. You will then see a list of all the currently banned email domains and the number of times a customer has attempted to signup using them.

To add a new banned email domain, click the Add tab at the top of the page and then enter the email domain you wish to ban, for example "hotmail.com".

in reality, what you might need is a hook that copies the existing domains from tblhosting (and possibly tbldomains) database tables to tblbannedemails, and then updates after a new order - that should then block new signups using a domain that already exists in your database.

if you want to pay a developer to code a solution for this problem, then you'd need to post in Service Offers & Requests and explain exactly what the problem is you want solving.

Sorry Brian!, but you not understand correctly. Maybe my English :)

I want to disable signup with email adresses from own domains.

Look:

- You register an Domain: whmcs2017.com

- You have an E-Mail-Adress under your Domain like: brian@whmcs2017.com

That´s just Bad. Those E-Mail-Adresses has an high failure rate over time. I only want to allow to register with E-Mail-Adresses from Free Mail Providers out there.

Like Gmail, Outlook and so on.

So Ban is no option.

Look:

- You register an Domain: whmcs2017.com

- You have an E-Mail-Address under your Domain like: brian@whmcs2017.com

That´s just Bad. Those E-Mail-Addresses has an high failure rate over time. I only want to allow to register with E-Mail-Addresses from Free Mail Providers out there.

Like Gmail, Outlook and so on.

so you want a whitelist of acceptable domains people can use to signup with? that's slightly unusual and i'm not aware of any current module that can do that, so you might need to get a developer to write it for you.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I know that. I only would bring this Topic up to date. To say that my first Post with disabled registrations for own Domains is not an good solution.

On 12/29/2018 at 1:41 PM, brian! said:

you would think that - it's your feature request! 🙂

Email verification might be another option - but it wouldn't be difficult for a developer to complete that feature request of yours.

Thats definitely not the same. It only validates an address on registration or change. But not when it comes unavailable over time.

We already have an own solution for this. But it should be better when those features should be on board.
Too many own integrations unnecessarily increase the maintenance effort for new versions.

3 hours ago, scysys said:

Thats definitely not the same. It only validates an address on registration or change. But not when it comes unavailable over time.

you could run a hook to reset it every x days if you really wanted to and the client would need to verify again.

We already have an own solution for this.

which i'm sure that you are going to share here with others in a similar boat - this is supposed to be a community after all, not a takeaway! 🍟

But it should be better when those features should be on board.

but WHMCS can't add every conceivable option that users can think of... it's already exploded into being an 80MB+ download and probably 200MB when installed...

Too many own integrations unnecessarily increase the maintenance effort for new versions.

that's a consequence of the feature request system being useless, and even when they're implemented by WHMCS, it will take them years... I sadly can't see that changing in 2019. 😢

1 hour ago, brian! said:

which i'm sure that you are going to share here with others in a similar boat - this is supposed to be a community after all, not a takeaway! 🍟

No reason to be unfriendly here. The Integration was by an external Developer. I can't support this. This is the part of the Developer which is also active here.
I understand. As you said. "the feature request system being useless"

You can close no interest about this topic to discuss anymore.

Edited by scysys

1 hour ago, scysys said:

No reason to be unfriendly here.

did you read it as unfriendly ? that wasn't the intention behind it, I was using sarcasm to demonstrate the constant frustration of users saying that they've found their own solution, but then not sharing it. 🙄

if you paid for a solution, then problem solved.