Domain name spinning not working in order form.

Hi

Domain name spinning not working in order process.

This has worked for years but now has stopped.

order_process.PNG

Domain lookup works at the Client Domain registration page.

client_area.PNG

The default Lookup Provider on the Setup > Products/Services > Domain Pricing page is ENOM. When I choose to change this I get an error as follows:

Lookup_provider.PNG

Therefore I can't change it to Standard Whois.

As a result my clients cannot order until I manually register a domain name for them.

I have had this working for years as I have stated with no issues.

All domain pricing is setup with my local registrar tppregistrar.

Any ideas?

Tony

Edited by texhead

Tony,

one option to get you back online might be to tweak the tblconfiguration table directly - perhaps in phpmyadmin...

if this is v7.1, then I would imagine your current settings would be...

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 300, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]domainLookupProvider[/TD]

[TD]Registrar[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]domainLookupRegistrar[/TD]

[TD]enom[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

to change them to use Standard Whois, they should be...

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 300, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]domainLookupProvider[/TD]

[TD]WhmcsWhois[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]domainLookupRegistrar[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

hopefully, that should then buy you a little time to investigate your logs and eNom settings to solve why it stopped working in the first place. :idea:

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Please take a look at the Utilities > Logs > Activity Log to see whether you're getting any errors recorded at the time of performing a domain lookup.

The explanation of some common errors are in our troubleshooting guide: http://help.whmcs.com/m/order_forms/l/691719-troubleshooting-domain-availability-problems

OK then...

Thanks for the links and advise.

I have discovered it is my implementation of PHP 7.0 that is the culprit. It works fine on PHP5.6.

PHP.7.0.PNG

Looks like there is a PHP mod missing from my list above, can anyone see what I'm missing?

BTW I have been able to change the Domain Lookup Provider since changing back to PHP5.6.

Tony

Edited by texhead

Hi WHMCS John,

When in PHP7.* there is no log entry when attempting a search.

If you have any other ideas I would really appreciate it as I need to go to PHP 7 soon.

I have gone through the requirements as detailed on this page: http://docs.whmcs.com/System_Requirements

All my settings are what is recommended not minimum except for the PHP version.

Also on this page: http://help.whmcs.com/m/troubleshooting/l/680894-troubleshooting-order-form-issues

I am getting text/html; charset=utf-8 under both PHP5.6 and 7.0 in the Content-Type header. Should this be application/json ?

Edited by texhead

Hello WHMCS John,

Was having similar issue. My WHMCS portal informed me i had to upgrade PHP but when i did lots of feature stopped working. When i enable 'Display Error' something about ".....was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.0" ..."contact provider..."

[sorry new to forum cannot upload error]

I have tried all recommendation of different forums none worked. Not an web developer but i believe this issue is on WHMCS side.

Thanks.

Hello WHMCS John,

Was having similar issue. My WHMCS portal informed me i had to upgrade PHP but when i did lots of feature stopped working. When i enable 'Display Error' something about ".....was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.3 and cannot run under PHP 7.0" ..."contact provider..."

[sorry new to forum cannot upload error]

I have tried all recommendation of different forums none worked. Not an web developer but i believe this issue is on WHMCS side.

Thanks.

Hi hhazeley,

Thanks for your post Those errors indicate the specific files are not compatible with PHP 7 you would either need to reach out to the developers for the modules displaying these errors and request versions compatible with PHP 7