Importing existing domains in from Enom

Prior to using WHMCS, I was using enom and I have customers with active domains with enom, but the domain doesnt appear in the domain tab of their client account in WHMCS.

How can I correct this? Can I re-import the domains or sync them an in any way?

TIA

You'd need to manually add them using the below steps and set the registrar to eNOM

[h=2]Manual Domain Only Entry[edit][/h]To add a domain on it's own without a product, follow the steps below:

1. If you haven't already, create the client by navigating to Go to Clients > Add New Client.
  2. On the client summary page, click the "Add New Order" link in the Actions panel
  3. The client will be preselected, so you should fill out the rest of the form - begin by choosing the payment gateway you want the client to pay with
  4. Leave the Product/Service dropdown menu set at None
  5. Leave the Billing Cycle dropdown menu set at Monthly
  6. Enter the domain in the Domain text field and select Register as the Domain Registration Option (even though you aren't intending to register it today)
  7. Choose the number of years you next want the client to be invoiced for at the time of renewal and tick any addons the user has for their domain
  8. Ensure both tick boxes for sending an order confirmation and generating an invoice are unchecked so the user is not emailed about the order you are adding
  9. Finally, set the Order Status dropdown to Active and then click the submit button to add the order to WHMCS
  10. You will now been shown the order screen summarising the details of the order you just added
  11. Now as the final step, you must go to the domain's information page to enter the correct next due and expiry dates aswell as selecting the registrar the domain is registered with if using one of the built in registrars. To do this, from the order screen, click on the link in the Item column of the items ordered - this will take you straight to the details screen.

Thank you Chris. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

Before the enom integration we used a .com product in WHMCS to associate with domain registrations.

I noticed with clients who've registered AFTER we integrated - their domains don't show as a product, but rather all the info is under the domain tab.

1. I'm assuming this is how it's supposed to work?

2. For legacy clients - after I've manually added the domains as you've outlined above, can I then cancel the old .com product in their account?

TIA

Hello All,

Here goes my rookie question.

Setup enom, have API key and all looks good.

I then "expected" to be able to either pull down, or simply see the domains I have at enom.

Sort of like grabbing hosting accounts off cpanel servers.

Am I mistaken that this will happen?

I see a pretty ugly proceedure to potentially import 1 domain at a time, is there anything like import that can help do it faster if the above is true?

Thanks

Hello All,

Here goes my rookie question.

Setup enom, have API key and all looks good.

I then "expected" to be able to either pull down, or simply see the domains I have at enom.

Sort of like grabbing hosting accounts off cpanel servers.

Am I mistaken that this will happen?

I see a pretty ugly proceedure to potentially import 1 domain at a time, is there anything like import that can help do it faster if the above is true?

Thanks

There is not an out of the box integration with Enom that imports the domains in you may however find something in our MarketPlace

Hello Again,

going out on a limb here, literally less than a week into this :)

I sort of got this to work.

I ended up with 2 "orders per say", cancelled 1 and have the other.

The order shows the proper amount and such, so overall it looks good.

By conincedence the domain expires in 2 weeks, so this is great to help me test, but with "extreme" caution.

Now, am I supposed to accept the order which I have in the manage orders section?

Is that normally what happens in the "automated" process?

Technically we do want to email the client and kind of see that process, and I do have it going to one of my emails at the moment.

If I look on the clients page, I see in domains everything looking good, I see their hosting account, so in the case of this client, things look overall OK.

To me this was an AWFUL process to bring in 1 domain and will take forever to bring in the rest and I can easily see mistakes.

SOOOOO here is another crazy idea, will of course do full backup before.

If I look at tbldomains, I see everything in respect to the domain, if I could create entries of all my domains at enom to of course match this format, will it be "OK" to do?

Are there other tables that would have been updated that of course I can't update if I'm doing a flat single row entry?

I'm thinking once the names are there, I can assign them to their clients?

OR - I can write some code, have the proper client ID and put that into the tbldomains with the approriate domain name.

I'm guessing at that point I would have to run something to go check the Next due dates of the domains and magic, clients will get notified ( almost magic and probably more steps ).

You can yell now, I know this is crazy, but I know it will be more accurate and less time consuming than the manual entry I just did.

Thanks!!!

OK, if you read my above thread, I have been working on this for about a week ( lots of hours ) and was a little impatient because I'm trying to absorb everything quickly (not always best idea).

I did 4 imports into the DB, each one the same way, and everything looks pretty good.

The domain is associated to the client, it syncs to enom if I run the sync cron job, and overall it's "appearing" correct.

Now the one thing I'm not certain of, is the DB shows the type as Register, which it of course is already registered, but that was the option provide in ChrisD's manual instructions.

Should this actually say something else since they would have been registerd already?

Also, they are all referring to Order 0 ( zero ), which of course doesn't exist.

Is there anything else I should check as well as the above, before considering that I have come up with an OK solution?

*** Just FYI

I'm a programmer as well, so I am being very cautious and very detailed to insure I don't break anything BUT try to import 500+ domains without having people looking crosseyed.

I appreciate any input!

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...