can't register .ng domains and other SLDs under .ng

i am presently unable to register .ng domains.

I have done extensive reading on this forum so far about this and i am meant to believe that maybe the whois server of the registry was not currently on the whois.json file. I have gone ahead to add it using the format i saw on the file but the problem is yet to be sorted out as i am still unable to check for .ng domains.

I have run out of ideas. help needed.

thank you

i am presently unable to register .ng domains.

I have done extensive reading on this forum so far about this and i am meant to believe that maybe the whois server of the registry was not currently on the whois.json file. I have gone ahead to add it using the format i saw on the file but the problem is yet to be sorted out as i am still unable to check for .ng domains.

I have run out of ideas. help needed.

perhaps the format of your file isn't correct. :?:

just to clarify from the Whois Servers documentation, there is the default file, dist.whois.json, that contains the whois servers list supplied by WHMCS - which should never be edited... if you want to add/change an entry, you use your own whois.json file in the same directory.

now for .ng, if it's the only entry in your whois.json file, then the whois.json file should be...

[
      {
       "extensions": ".ng,.com.ng,.edu.ng,.gov.ng,.mil.ng,.mobi.ng,.name.ng,.net.ng,.org.ng,.sch.ng",
       "uri": "socket://whois.nic.net.ng",
       "available": "No Object Found"
   }
]

if your file has additional entries, just remember that the final entry doesn't have a comma at the end after the last } :idea:

please I just noticed something. While I can now check for .ng domains, I am still unable to check for the second level domains under .ng such as .com.ng and .edu.ng.

I copied the codes as presented. is there any other line of code that I need to add to my custom whois.json file?

• 2 years later...