Unable to get my Table code in custom.css working.

stacksos

I've been trying to use the custom.css area to perform the CSS tasks needed on my website. I am sure I am entering them in incorrectly. I only need a few tables on the website as I use WordPress for everything else outside of this website.

I can do CSS coding for an individual page, but using the custom.css I am not fully understanding it.

<style type="text/css">
td{text-align:center; font: rockwell}
tr{text-align:center; font: rockwell}
table, td, th { border: 1px solid gray }
#tst1 {table-layout: auto;
display: table;}
table {width: 90%;
margin: 20px;}
table.center {margin-left:auto; 
margin-right:auto;}
</style>

I would like this code for ALL my tables within my WHMCS website.

Your syntax is off in that, for one thing. You're missing the ; at the end of several declarations.

What is it doing (or not) when it's used?

She works how I want it to work in Notepad++ just fine. Just trying to get the code right in the custom.css file is what is throwing me for a loop. Attached is how I want it to look. WordPress made me forget a lot, and I was still new to CSS when I started WordPress. Now I am trying to get back into CSS.

Right now pasting that in the custom.css file is giving me a blank page even when I have data in the file. I delete the code from custom.css and my data shows on the page. New to WHMCS layout and still a newbie in CSS is causing a major headache.

Thanks! I tried searching and couldn't find anything with my exact needs. I appreciate the help!

tablecss.png

If you change your mind, it may be just those missing ";" from the style declarations.

If you want to give it another shot I'd be happy to have a look.

I never throw in the towel. I'd LOVE to use it in the WHMCS theme instead of just linking to a plain HTML page. I have the charts done now I can come back to problem-solving this. Needed to get the charts up so a client could compare them.

I never throw in the towel. I'd LOVE to use it in the WHMCS theme instead of just linking to a plain HTML page.

Ok, then, see if this does what you need. Keep the table ID as #tst1 as in the example.

table#tst1 {

margin: 20px;

border: 1px solid gray;

width: 90%;

font-family: Rockwell, serif;

text-align: center;

margin-left:auto;

margin-right:auto;

}

table#tst1 tr td, table#tst1 tr th {

border: 1px solid gray;

width: 33%;

}

Unfortunately, it did nothing. I was able to get it to put a border doing the following code.

.table, th, td {
  border: 1px solid black;
}

- - - Updated - - -

Wish it had an edit button. Hate making multiple posts.

I just need the table to center the text in each cell. Everything else I can do manually on each individual table.

• 2 weeks later...
Did nothing? In my test it replicated your table exactly when the table had an ID of #tst1.

How weird.

I've noticed a delay in the refreshing. Text is immediate, but when I do CSS I have to close the browser, resign in, etc. Then it is showing.

- - - Updated - - -

Wish CSS came to me like automotive and electrical. We wouldn't be having this issue. LOL