WHMCS is horrible from a user's perspective

bkknyc

WHMCS is horrible from a user's perspective.

As an end user ( if you care about the end user / paying customers at all ), it's horrible.

I cannot checkout to renew my domains. Why? Because my hosting company uses WHMCS. And this software won't accept my credit card because I happen to be in Thailand at the moment. That is so horrible, and so twenty years ago. If they allowed me to pay using Bitcoin, they wouldn't even need my freaking billing address!! This WHMCS user experience has been the worst. ( Note also: Registering for this forum doesn't even work on mobile. Such horrible antique software they are using. The "Human Verification" field shows no text description on mobile. Apparently there are no users able to sign up here. )

Hi bkknyc,

I'm sorry to hear you are facing issues I'd like to address some of your points here.

I cannot checkout to renew my domains. Why? Because my hosting company uses WHMCS. And this software won't accept my credit card because I happen to be in Thailand at the moment.

WHMCS does not prevent credit cards from being accepted, this comes down to the Merchant Services that your provider uses, you would need to reach out your provider and see if they are able to process this on your behalf, they possibly have a layer of Fraud Protection causing this.

That is so horrible, and so twenty years ago. If they allowed me to pay using Bitcoin, they wouldn't even need my freaking billing address

Whilst WHMCS does not have a native BitCoin Integration at this time, there are a number of third party integrations avalible for your host to implement they can find these by searching BitCoin at https://marketplace.whmcs.com/search

This WHMCS user experience has been the worst.

We appriciate your feedback on this, the client area was overhauled in V6, and has some more enhancements coming in 7.2, I'd really appriciate if you could provide any general feedback on the experience in our Feedback Forum this is a place our team review regularly and it provides a great base for a discussion

Registering for this forum doesn't even work on mobile. Such horrible antique software they are using. The "Human Verification" field shows no text description on mobile. Apparently there are no users able to sign up here. )

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, the mobile theme is a new addition to the community, I can indeed see it only shows as a blank field on mobile, I will work to see how we can resolve this for future users registering via mobile as this is not the experience I want them to have with the community.

I'll be honest, this whole thread should (probably) have been placed in feedback.

Whether or not the system is 'horrible' is going to be subjective. Your opinion is not going to match mine, and mine not Chris' , and Chris' not brians, etc... You'll never find two people with the precise same opinion about anything.

I do agree that the user UI needs a bit of work, but there are so many great themes and templates out there for WHMCS that, well, leave it at default and let the user choose their theme

As for your processing and fraud , that's going to be on the vendor, not WHMCS as Chris mentioned. Have you tried reaching out to the vendor themselves?

As for bitcoin, that's again, a user choice. Personally? I'd stay far, far away from it from a business perspective, but some have chosen not to. There are plenty of addons available, again, as Chris mentioned that would cover this. However, bitcoin is a very specific network, so that's going to depend on your host.

WHMCS has greatly improved their UI over the years, and they'll get better, simply by listening to feedback like this as Chris has already shown. The errors will be fixed (maybe, if they think it's actually an error ;)) , and WHMCS will continue to improve, hopefully. If not, well, there's always outside devs to help tweak it just like you want

• 3 months later...

As an end user ( if you care about the end user / paying customers at all ), it's horrible.

I cannot checkout to renew my domains. Why? Because my hosting company uses WHMCS. And this software won't accept my credit card because I happen to be in Thailand at the moment. That is so horrible, and so twenty years ago. If they allowed me to pay using Bitcoin, they wouldn't even need my freaking billing address!! This WHMCS user experience has been the worst. ( Note also: Registering for this forum doesn't even work on mobile. Such horrible antique software they are using. The "Human Verification" field shows no text description on mobile. Apparently there are no users able to sign up here. )

I'm not sure if where drunk or really serious :)

What exactly has WHMCS as a software company has anything to do with what you posted?

How WHMCS looks and works on the user side depends 100% on the company that is selling you services. Which billing system do you think is exactly wonderful on the customer side? Others are not better than WHMCS in any possible way and the reason is that most software companies like WHMCS don't go into a lot of GUI tweaking for a reason. It's as a base template. The company or WHMCS customers are supposed to adapt it to their brands, company, and design. If would be a huge mess if WHMCS shipped with a very complex GUI and tons of users would complain they don't like it because when it comes to taste nobody is right and nobody is wrong. And most would then not change it and every WHMCS installation would look the same (boxed software). This is why the default template is simple so a company can change it to their heart. You are supposed to brand WHMCS and change the templates. At least in a basic way.

Said this, if the interface is horrible on the company you are using WHMCS as a customer, it's because the company you are using didn't do a very good job.

Also, you are wrong with credit cards and Bitcoin. Tons of WHMCS users accept credit cards from Thailand and Bitcoins. So again, this is absolutely a personal decision from the company you are using and has nothing to do with WHMCS. Your complain is like renting a BMW car and then complaining how horrible BWM cars are because your rental company decided they would offer cars with build in radio and all of them would be painted yellow, and they replaced all seats with horrible ergonomics. The leasing company then decided to put 2 alarms to unlock the doors because they don't know any better on how to avoid theft. Then you go to the BMW forum and complain how horrible BWM cars are. That is exactly what you did.

Nothing you posted is true on other WHMCS installation's I saw. Just because the company you are using is antique and decides to have an horrible customer experience, you should complain to them and not WHMCS.

This is all down to how your hosting provider has set up their WHMCS installation as other have stated.

Why don't you want your hosting provider to know your address? If i had a client that did not want me to have their address i would assume it is due to them wanting to commit some sort of fraud (phishing/spam etc.) and trying to avoid our anti fraud processes.

We don't allow orders from Thailand and many other countries, but that is our choice and nothing to do with WHMCS