Paypal IPN and Old notify URL

snake

So I used to have WHMCS running on a totally different domain/website last year, but using the same PayPal account that I use now.

The subscriptions that I had on the old WHMCS system have all been cancelled, but they still keep trying to call the old notify url, this causes IPN to get disabled after x failed callbacks.

I have spoken to PayPal support and they say that there is nothing they can do about this, they cannot delete the subscriptions or change their notify url, and that that the cancelled subscriptions will stay in the system for a year and will continue trying to contact the old notify url during that time, as this is how WHMCS has set them up.

Anyone know how I can fix this, keep getting the IPN disabled is a royal PITA as you can imagine, as it means all the paypal payments do not get recorded, and customers start getting non payment reminders.

Hey snake, if you open a ticket, we can provide you with a callback redirect script that you can pop onto the old URL and redirect to the new one

Thanks, will this actually solve the problem though, as presumably WHMCS will throw an error at the request since the user/subscription doesn't exist ?