bulk hosting services creation

In a migration task, I need to create nearly 400 hosting services on a Plesk server.

I could do it manually in WHMCS:

- select the customer

- insert new order (no invoice, no email, no other)

- accept the order

- go to hosting management page

- modify next due date

- click on "create"

And the job is done.

Doing so I need around 3' for each service.

That's to say 400 x 3 = 1200' , that's to say 20 hours, that's to say three full labour days.

Life is short and I have better ways to spend my time than doing such repetitive task.

So, I'm here to ask: what if

- I go phpmyadmin, and simply insert 400 records in tblhosting (leaving empty the "order" field, because no order exist)

- and then go to each new service management page to create it?

Much less time (a couple of hours), much sicure (no mistakes)

But, I ask: does it work, or WHMCS will go crazy finding these "new" services without any order reference?

I think you have the right idea, if you want to be the most efficient. However, there could be some issues without orders.

So at this time, I would ask if you are simply needing to have hosting accounts created or if seperate client profiles would need to be created for each product (or all assigned to the same client?).

If so, then I would set the Server module to "Setup when Order is placed" and utilize the "Add Order" account from within the products/services -> products/services configuration. This could quickly be scaled from one account 400, but will create orders, as well as products. Because of the change suggested to "Setup When Order is Placed" you will also be able to accept the orders (without sending emails) as well as provision the services in a manner that follows the typical WHMCS workflow.

I see that as being the best way to create products and orders simultaneously (at least from within the Admin GUI). If you do wind up adding the records directly into tblhosting, then I am curious to hear your experience.

Additionally, if anyone has any other suggestions for mass hosting account creation efficiency, I am also curious.