Need help to create an action hook to add an extra late fee on the third reminder

itoverblik

To WHMCS Community

The WHMCS late fee system doesn't really play ball.

In Denmark you are allowed to add a late fee of 100,- DKK for each reminder of a total of 2 late fee's including 4% of the total amount before sending in to collection.

The WHMCS system only allow for either a fix number or a percentage and only once.

So I need help to add an extra late fee when the third overdue reminder is being generated as an action hook.

I am not a mastermind regarding the action hook system so I need some help to accomplish this.

I look forward to hear from anyone regarding the above.

Thanks in advance.

- Tim

Tim,

I think for something like this, and the EAN payment thread, you're probably going to be better off posting in Service Offers & Requests and getting quotes from developers for a paid solution.

for this problem of late fees, it's possible you might be able to use the Billing Extension addon, but I doubt it would help you with the EAN issue.

though I suspect getting a developer to solve both issues would be cheaper than buying the addon anyway - especially if you aren't going to use any of it's other features.

Hi Brian

You are properly right.

I had a support case with WHMCS and they told me it was possible to solve the EAN email sending when creating a new invoice using a normal action hook.

But I am not that into the action hook stuff and therefore I tried to get some help about that option.

Regarding the late fee on the third reminder, I could do it myself by adding the fee myself, hopefully not that big an issue.

But the EAN stuff, could be nice to get solved automatically so when a new customer within the government, school system or likewise creates and order I don't have to remember to do it manually by downloading the PDF invoice and sending it using my normal mail client :)

- Tim

I had a support case with WHMCS and they told me it was possible to solve the EAN email sending when creating a new invoice using a normal action hook.

But I am not that into the action hook stuff and therefore I tried to get some help about that option.

absolutely no harm in posting - it's just that, for something that specific, particularly involving gateways and emails, I think that you're better off discussing it with a developer.

it's one of the misnomers of this "Developer Corner" forum - in that, developers are very unlikely to tell you how to do anything more than the absolute basic stuff... it's not really in their interest to do that and I fully understand why... there's lots of things that I know how to do that I wouldn't share here either. :roll:

Regarding the late fee on the third reminder, I could do it myself by adding the fee myself, hopefully not that big an issue.

or even better, get them to pay before this becomes relevant! :idea: