How can i complete a payment from remote api?

conecta6

Hi, i'm working in a full ajax whmcs remote cart for a product landing page. I cant see in remote apy any method for complete a payment, for example in my form i get all credit card data and i want send to remote whmcs for process order and payment. How can i do this?

thanks

I don't think this is possible and probably because of security concerns.

There is this:

https://developers.whmcs.com/api-reference/capturepayment/

But the customer probably needs to have the CC details already saved in the account. If this was possible, it could potentially be used to try to pass fraudulent orders to WHMCS from an external page. So I guess this is why you can't send CC details and because it probably can lead to sending it a insecure way. I'm not sure to be honest but I don't think most WHMCS customers want users saving their CC details outside of WHMCS.

Now there is no need to do this either. What is wrong with making your landing page in WHMCS? You can make a template, check cart template files and then the customers would order directly on WHMCS. Now if your landing page is on another server as opposed to the one WHMCS is hosted, that is the only reason why I see you would prefer the API as its an external server with no direct access. In that case that is probably the reason its not available. Depending on the merchant system you are using you could probably still do this by using their own API to bill the card, then pass the payment API to WHMCS to mark the order as paid. The only drawback is that the card would not be available inside the WHMS customer account after that.

I suspect there is no API for this because every payment company handles cards differently and most of them have their own different API calls to do this independently of WHMCS. WHMCS is not a payment gateway, it actually just uses the merchant API, so you could do the same directly without WHMCS.

I don't think this is possible and probably because of security concerns.

There is this:

https://developers.whmcs.com/api-reference/capturepayment/

But the customer probably needs to have the CC details already saved in the account. If this was possible, it could potentially be used to try to pass fraudulent orders to WHMCS from an external page. So I guess this is why you can't send CC details and because it probably can lead to sending it a insecure way. I'm not sure to be honest but I don't think most WHMCS customers want users saving their CC details outside of WHMCS.

Now there is no need to do this either. What is wrong with making your landing page in WHMCS? You can make a template, check cart template files and then the customers would order directly on WHMCS. Now if your landing page is on another server as opposed to the one WHMCS is hosted, that is the only reason why I see you would prefer the API as its an external server with no direct access. In that case that is probably the reason its not available. Depending on the merchant system you are using you could probably still do this by using their own API to bill the card, then pass the payment API to WHMCS to mark the order as paid. The only drawback is that the card would not be available inside the WHMS customer account after that.

I suspect there is no API for this because every payment company handles cards differently and most of them have their own different API calls to do this independently of WHMCS. WHMCS is not a payment gateway, it actually just uses the merchant API, so you could do the same directly without WHMCS.

Rather informative case 4 SerfCompany