Domain Pricing - No price fields / Create New Order - Empty client list in dropdown

I've created a quick screencast video to illustrate the problem I'm experiencing (Less than two minutes), which is available here:

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbeDVz6BCK

Okay here's the synopsis on our 7.1.1 installation...

1.) Setup ==> Products/Services ==> Domain Pricing:

As shown in the video, there aren't any boxes to add pricing info for a couple of TLDs, nor for additional yr pricing on others.

Having issues where there are no pricing option dialog boxes in order to deploy domain pricing levels, in some cases even for a single year (exhibited where I added a TLD - there weren't any boxes to enter pricing info at all). The following screenies demonstrate what is being displayed in that regard:

2017-02-13_1223-online_TLD_pricing

2017-02-13_1224

2.) Orders ==> Add New Order:

Also in the video, The client picker list from the drop down is empty, rendering me incapable of creating a new order this way. Now, I can still Open a client's account info and create a new order from there, and that auto-populates the field with that particular client's info, but not from "Orders ==> Add New Order", which is effectively useless if you can't attach that order to a client.

3.) "WHMCS Cron Job Activity" email:

Has, as listed in the link below, This daily in my inbox also includes "4 Pending Module Actions in Queue. Go to Module Queue »" at the bottom of the email, but when I click on the link I get a 404, as seen in the following screenie:

2017-02-19_1114

i.e., when clicking on the link (redacted - https://whmcsinstall.sld.tld/admin_dir/modulequeue.php) it results in a 404 error.

----------------------------------------------

Permissions and Ownership:

Each user on the system is a member of the group 'users', instead of being members of a unique group matching their own particular username:

i.e.

username     groupname
________     _________
jschmoe      users

So what we have currently with file and directory ownership is:

username:apache #(i.e., jschmoe:apache)

since Apache runs as the username 'apache'.

This is standard for the distro (Slackware) that the system is running on, as opposed to what a CentOS box would look like:

i.e,

username     groupname
________     _________
jschmoe      jschmoe

During installation care was taken to make sure that sane permissions were granted and the additional security recommendations were followed - such as placing certain directories outside of the DocumentRoot and specifying this in the config files.

But all crons run seamlessly with no errors found, including ticket imports into departments, invoicing, escalations, etc., and this appears to be some sort of issue pulling data from the database to me. Perhaps some select statements aren't running or there's a permission issue in some templates that I haven't uncovered by double checking file/dir permissions as per the docs?

And the 404 error has me a bit perplexed too, making me wonder if some of the other problems are somehow related to that.

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions you may have, and I'll be happy to provide any additional information that might assist in uncovering these issues.

Edited by tallship
maek pritty

Hey Tallship,

Thanks for your post, there are a few things to address, thank you firstly for the detailed post and screensharing!

I've created a quick screencast video to illustrate the problem I'm experiencing (Less than two minutes), which is available here:

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbeDVz6BCK Okay here's the synopsis on our 7.1.1 installation... 1.) Setup ==> Products/Services ==> Domain Pricing: As shown in the video, there aren't any boxes to add pricing info for a couple of TLDs, nor for additional yr pricing on others..

So firstly, the domain pricing does not look correctly formatted and I suspect this may be causing the issue it should look like this:

pricinglookups.png

Could you upload a fresh copy of your admin folder to see if this resolves the issue? In addition please go to Help -> System Health Status and check for any errors in there. Lastly ensure that mySQL Strict Mode is disabled I might need to suggest opening a ticket for us to dig into this further as well

2.) Orders ==> Add New Order Also in the video, The client picker list from the drop down is empty, rendering me incapable of creating a new order this way. Now, I can still Open a client's account info and create a new order from there, and that auto-populates the field with that particular client's info, but not from "Orders ==> Add New Order", which is effectively useless if you can't attach that order to a client.

In v7, the client dropdown has been replaced with a search, have you tried entering in a client in here to see if something appears?

3.) "WHMCS Cron Job Activity" email: Has, as listed in the link below, This daily in my inbox also includes "4 Pending Module Actions in Queue. Go to Module Queue »" at the bottom of the email, but when I click on the link I get a 404, as seen in the following screenie: 2017-02-19_1114

This indicates that the file hasn't been uploaded to your WHMCS installation, as mentioned earlier please upload a fresh copy of the Admin Directory which should resolve this

Wow,

ChrisD thank you so much. Everything appeared to be working fine but now there's actually a whole new look, the modulequeue works, the create new order can be populated with a partial search of the client name, and when I check a box in domain pricing the fields present themselves for population of prices.

There's a fresh new apppearance with other items in the dashboard, and what was there before has a complete facelift too.

Again, thank you very much and yes, after checking through all of your suggestions it was all taken care of by copying over the admin dir again, although I'm still scratching my head as to how all of it didn't get there in the first place, and why there was some limited functionality (for a while) in the domain pricing area. Suffice it to say it's all better now.

I'm running MariaDB 10, but entered in sql_mode="" into /etc/my.cnf.d/server.cnf for good measure anyway, and there are still some suggestions in "Help ==> System Health Status" that I'm considering, such as xmlrpc and the like.

So one more time, thanks Chris!

Edited by tallship
maek pritty

About your problem, the first thing I noticed was the formatting does not look correctly. That is now how the pricing page for domains looks, it seems to me like something is missing or broken in your installation.

Please check on your browser the Console tab to check for any errors, files missing, JS not loading, CSS not loading, etc. Then check your server logs to see if WHMCS is giving any errors for files missing, 404 or 500 server errors.

How this happens? I suspect your FTP software or the way you are uploading files. They may be uploaded incorrectly, not in the correct format (Binary or Ascii) or just partially (yes, some FTP or SFTP clients are buggy). What you experience seems like something is wrong in your installation but it should be quite easy to check what is missing. The quickest way is to re-upload all files just to be sure.

Off topic, I think I recognize your name from the Hostbill forums. Is this correct?

Edited by yggdrasil

Off topic, I think I recognize your name from the Hostbill forums. Is this correct?

Yes that is correct ;)

I would really like to say that I like that system, but when one considers that you can't trust the weekly updates from the (one single) developer to not break some aspect of the install...

We used to draw straws to see who would be the first to update their system and elbow check it for major bugs before giving the all clear sign and telling everyone else it appeared safe to update their systems. Last time I looked over there, I believe that there is still a weekly report on the new updates.

I remember once when he pushed out an update and everyone's ticket imports broke - for about five days!!!

Yeah, that guy could do so much more if he just opened it up for 3rd party developers and actually, well, I don't think even modulesgarden has anything supporting that platform anymore. It was just too fricken' scary, not knowing whether he would go off his meds and take down the license servers on a whim. Besides, WHMCS has matured into a great platform for the management and orchestration of virtualization (so much more than just SolusVM available now), and they've never charged anyone a hundred bucks for a pre-sales question either lolz.

Sad, because he's a really talented developer too.

Well enough accolades for WHMCS here, it's kinda like preachin' to the choir :)

How this happens? I suspect your FTP software or the way you are uploading files. They may be uploaded incorrectly, not in the correct format (Binary or Ascii) or just partially (yes, some FTP or SFTP clients are buggy). What you experience seems like something is wrong in your installation but it should be quite easy to check what is missing. The quickest way is to re-upload all files just to be sure.

I'm actually a cli kinda guy and would never consider installing something as comprehensive as WHMCS under a cPanel server for myself, although I realize that's how most folks do it, and will. so openssh is the client I use scp almost exclusively. That begs the question of how I ended up without some files in the admin dir and all I can come up with is plain old operator error (PEBKAC). The copying over of files again seemed to be the fix, and aside from what I think is a very minor CSS issue in the dashboard where a couple of blocks overlap just a little, the system seems to be running beautifully now. Problems I have to face at this point are dealing with the company logo on the pdf version of invoices being almost as huge as the page itself and other cosmetic adjustments.

I think I'm going push an update to 7.1.2 with a full update instead of via patch just for good measure in case I borked somewhere else but all in all I'm soooo happy I didn't choose to go back to that *other* system - I dunno if I'd be able to sleep at night without Valium if I had done that :)

So do we actually know each other from those old forums? If so pm me so we can catch up, coz I have been wanting to connect again with some of the other brave souls with whom I shared those trauma filled days of uncertainty with lolz.

And BTW, I still have my original first three editions of Yggdrasil LGX on my bookshelf, prominently displayed, as well as hard copies of the first two editions of the "Linux Bible, GNU Testament" published by them. Back when I still used Faceplant I know I had actually friended Adam (the creator/maintainer of that distro) and did some devel work on the Arena browser when it was the only alternative to Mosaic.

Thanks for all of the support and suggestions, you have a wonderful St. Paddy's day, and don't consume any scrambled green eggs or too much green beer!

Kindest regards,

Bradley

I don’t know you personally but I read some of your posts in the hostbill forum, and all I can say is that you are a good person. You don’t deserve that type of pain and frustration. Why would you even do this to yourself? Self-torture? Now assuming you can tolerate Hostbill, please at least be wise for your business sake. Think cold for a minute and you can’t possibly tell me you like that software or that it is better. I can’t see how anymore. :)

I was fooled as well. I didn’t want to go with WHMCS because they had major security breaches and their overall security history was not exactly stellar. I also didn’t want a boxed system that everyone else had, and WHMCS was just old looking, and the features were mostly basic. Hostbill on the other part was new HTML with fancy new CSS and JavaScript, great templates and the features advertised nicely in videos and their site were just amazing. But that is where the story ends.

I used Hostbill for exactly 2 years. Then I had enough like someone that was beating over and over again. I knew it was not going to change and hell I was right. Business is only as good as the head behind it, and Hostbill has none. It's 2017, and I never looked back once. Never. I took a peak at Blesta a few times to see what they are doing. They just released version 4 today and really like their open approach to code and simple, elegant and minimal, but Hostbill? Nehh, not once.

Ok, I lied. I looked the hostbill forums from time to time just to see how you guys were suffering and just to give myself that mental confirmation that I made the correct choice. And I did. :idea:

Let me put like this. WHMCS is not the WHMCS from 2014. Its looks modern, it’s on bootstrap now, they moved to Laravel, and the best of all, the features work. The software works! What is more important than this? If your customers can’t open tickets or invoices are not send, that is a disaster for an online business. Now, you may argue you can’t do some things with WHMCS. In the past I, would have agreed, today I will say what exactly?

Sure you have Modules Garden, but even without them, you can really do a lot with hooks, API and some coding (modules garden is not exactly great if you ask me, and what an irony, they are also from Poland and suffer from almost the same as hostbill - buggy poor not tested code) just like Hostbill. Maybe they are pals…

You really can do absolutely everything Hostbill does here. On the bright side, WHMCS is a stable company, I don’t know if they have debts or not, but I think they are profitable, they are in the business for years and if you are willing to pay extra you even get active support, not great but decent, not fast but fair. The really improved in security, there was no major breach since I’m here (almost 3 years now) and discovered security holes were promptly patched. It's surely not perfect, but for the price, it's great if you are willing to invest a bit more in developing or buying modules. You also get the ecosystem of modules which is dead with Hostbill.

Let me tell you that in the almost 3 years that I started this journey with WHMCS I don’t regret it for one minute. I sleep great at night without the fear that the Hostbill developer shoot himself and everything is offline (license server) or that he decided drunk to pull an update to kill your system or that he maybe after his daily crack dose decided to change the prices again for the eleventh time. I’m not joking, the guy is completely insane. I’m surprised how easy it actually is to make money on the Internet if he is still getting sales. After all the bashing and trashing he received on the Internet (justified) and mental things he pulled off he is still on business. I’m surprised, I will give him that. He seems resilient, but I don’t know how much more he will last with just a few paying users until they realize they don’t want to be the money cow anymore. Please do yourself a favor. Just kill your Hostbill installation, then again with fire. Wipe your system and leave no traces, then microwave the hard drive that contained and ship it to some random address to Antarctica.

WHMCS works out of the box, I never had a major issue, on installation or upgrades and if I had a problem, it was my fault. Try to start with the basics and once everything is working and you know how WHMCS operates then start with more complicated stuff. If you need help with anything, this community is great. It was more active in the past but its slowly improving again. That is another added value if you ask me. I would pay WHMCS just because of the community backbone alone.

And the best of all you also get your own personal Brian with WHCMS :)