custom field input placeholder value

wulfric

how do i add the description into the placeholder input field?

so for example, this code:

{$customfield.input}

turns into this html:

<input type="text" name="customfield[4]" id="customfield4" value="" size="30" class="form-control">

and I wish to add a placeholder attribute using the smarty snippet. the above html would like:

<input type="text" name="customfield[4]" id="customfield4" value="" size="30" class="form-control" placeholder="{$customfield.description}">

--

latest WHMCS using stock six theme and standard_cart order form

file

\templates\orderforms\standard_cart\configureproduct.tpl

line 241 - 261

{if $customfields}

<div class="sub-heading">
       <span>{$LANG.orderadditionalrequiredinfo}</span>
   </div>

<div class="field-container">
       {foreach $customfields as $customfield}
           <div class="form-group">
               <label for="customfield{$customfield.id}">{$customfield.name}</label>
               {$customfield.input}
               {if $customfield.description}
                   <span class="field-help-text">
                       {$customfield.description}
                   </span>
               {/if}
           </div>
       {/foreach}
   </div>

{/if}

I would think it would be a spin-off from my post in the thread below...

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?117998-Change-additional-domainfield-to-placeholder&p=476354#post476354

... that thread was about additional domain fields, but they're just custom domain fields by another name. :)

at a guess, and I haven't tested this, but I assume it would be something along the lines of replacing {$customfield.input} with...

{if $customfield.input|strpos:'<input type="text"'===0}{$customfield.input|replace:"/>":" placeholder="`$customfield.description`"/>"}{else}{$customfield.input}{/if}

What does the '===0 mean? is there a way to close that properly so sublime doesn't report it as fizzy-wuzzy? I noticed in sublime text editor, it detects bad code and changes all the text thereafter.. like normally everything is pretty color coded and when something is broke, it'll highlight **** as gold / yellow.

When I cross-checked with the link you posted, you forgot two back slashes. I added them and this is the code that works perfect.

{if $customfield.input|strpos:'<input type="text"'===0}{$customfield.input|replace:"/>":" placeholder=\"`$customfield.description`\"/>"}
{else}
{$customfield.input}
{/if}

i also took it a step further, and chose to hide the description field below for a specific product id, and this was what i used to do that (just in case anyone else wants to do this):

{if $productinfo.pid eq "123"}
   {else}
   {$customfield.description}
   {/if}
   </span>
{/if}

What does the '===0 mean?

http://us3.php.net/manual/en/language.operators.comparison.php

$a === $b will be TRUE if $a is equal to $b, and they are of the same type.

and for strpos, where we're checking if a substring starts a string, the documentation specifically states...

Use the === operator for testing the return value of this function.

I suppose technically we don't need to check if it starts with the substring, but only if it exists somewhere in the string... I was probably just being painstakingly accurate. :idea:

is there a way to close that properly so sublime doesn't report it as fizzy-wuzzy? I noticed in sublime text editor, it detects bad code and changes all the text thereafter.. like normally everything is pretty color coded and when something is broke, it'll highlight **** as gold / yellow.

I can't really help you with Sublime as i've never used it, I tend to code in Notepad++ - and sometimes that will not colour the code correctly... especially when your mixing Smarty and PHP functions - it's just one of those things... i've learnt to trust my coding and it's results. :)

I also took it a step further, and chose to hide the description field below for a specific product id, and this was what i used to do that (just in case anyone else wants to do this):

which you could trim down slightly...

{if $productinfo.pid neq "123"}{$customfield.description}{/if}
   </span>
{/if}