Configurable Option Copying Possible

DMN31

Hi everyone -

I wanted to see if there's any solutions for this since we've been doing it for a few years and it's getting extremely time intensive...

Currently we have about 150 products, each with their owns configurable option. Reason each needs its own is because each server we sell as different configurations, some have different available config options than others as well. BUT, some are always the same on each, for example "Operating System", "Bandwidth" and a few others will always have the same options on every product.

Is there any way to copy/duplicate set configs within a configurable option (so not the entire option itself, but one of them within)?

Thank you

I wouldn't think there are any practical ways that would be faster/safer than entering them manually.

Thinking is good, doing is better... If it is possible by products (cloning) why it is NOT possible with configurable options??? We have e.g. in cofigurable options:

10x hard Drives (HDD1, HDD2, ...)

Within each HDD 12 HDD types with different prices

So we have to type manually 120 time the same things in sume. Stupid...

Thinking is good, doing is better... If it is possible by products (cloning) why it is NOT possible with configurable options???

because products are basically stored in one database table, but configurable options are spread over a number of linked tables... theoretically, you could duplicate them, I just don't think it would be practical (e.g it would still be quicker to enter them manually).

So we have to type manually 120 time the same things in same. Stupid...

if you want something to do, you can always vote for the relevant feature request...

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/configurable-options-duplicate-copy

it's 4 years old, only has 8 votes... but to paraphrase what someone once said - pointless moaning is good, doing is far better. :)

Why not? Please explain.

because I think it would potentially take longer than just typing them (and i'm thinking specifically of duplicating them in the database) - I assume the whole point of this is to save time ?!?

i'm not saying that WHMCS, or a 3PD, couldn't code a form/page to duplicate a config option - obviously they can... just that AFAIK one doesn't currently exist and it's unlikely WHMCS are going to code it in the short/medium term (no matter how many threads you post in encouraging people to vote for the feature request!).

my usual message to situations like this is that if you want/need the feature NOW, pay a developer to write it for you... if you are prepared to wait (months or years), then submit/vote for a feature request - that's not how things should be, but it's how they are.