Using Modern Cart but taking Checkout Page from Standard Cart

user291

Hi guys, so I prefer modern cart based on the way it looks when users are selecting between products etc but the only thing I dont like about it is the last page of the checkout process where new users enter their info & pay and click the Checkout button to submit their order

On Modern the last page looks very old style, so I was looking at the standard cart last page and it looks PERFECT but I dont like how it makes the other pages of the checkout process look

So my question is how can I just take the last page from standard cart and use it for Modern template? I imagine its probably very easy to do but I'm not sure how I would do that?

So my question is how can I just take the last page from standard cart and use it for Modern template? I imagine its probably very easy to do but I'm not sure how I would do that?

there's an easy way to (sort of) do it; and there's a hard way... e.g modifying the templates.

the quick way would be to make your default ordering form standard_cart (setup -> general settings -> ordering -> default orderform template).

then make each of your product groups use Modern (setup -> products/services -> products/services).

if you did that, then the opening page and configure products step would be modern; after that domain config, viewcart and checkout would use standard_cart.... domain registration/transfer would use standard_cart for all stages.

if it were me, i'd be more inclined to stick with one template and tweak it's design to suit your needs/preferences - e.g perhaps remove the sidebars from standard_cart; take the product group dropdown from Modern and add it to SC (if that's one part you like about Modern?) etc... i'm sure there has been previous threads about how to do each of these steps... :idea: