how instal module ?

ouldfella

i downlaoded this module :

https://github.com/WHMCS/sample-provisioning-module

and i upladed the folder into modules/servers

but how to use it ? how i can find any link to access on it ?

anyone have documentation about modules ?

the documentation for developer modules are @ https://developers.whmcs.com/provisioning-modules/

you also have to remember that it's a provisioning module, not an addon modules - so you can't link to it directly as you usually do with addons.

with a provisioning module, it needs to be linked to a product/service.... so if you create a new product. in the "Module Settings" tab, select "Demo Provisioning Module" from the dropdown and it will show you a screen similar to below...

5lXp76Z.png

then you can start to edit the files to test how your changes appear..

It hasn't been updates in 2 years, there is a good chance it doesn't work with WHMCS7.

it will work fine... it doesn't do much as it's only a sample module to let users see the basic functionality of a provisioning module.

I bet there are lots of features of WHMCS that are a lot older than 2 years and haven't been changed - it's only when WHMCS make changes and try to update their own code, or add new features, that things start to go wrong! :roll:

with a provisioning module, it needs to be linked to a product/service.... so if you create a new product

i understant htat provisionning module cant be developped and installed by a developper

so why in documentation there is a link to downlaod provisionning module wheareas whms dont give way to install it ?

thanks for all your reply

my objective is to learn how to develop a provisioning module that must work with icewarp API.

I didn't find tutorial for this objective.

you likely won't find any such tutorial... the sample module is just the bare basics to get you started, and it then assumes that you have enough PHP knowledge/experience to carry on from there towards writing your specific custom solution.

for the moment i need just develop a php page that can show a hello word text in the screen

you should be able to do that using the sample module...

I understand that provisioning module cant be developed and installed by a developer

who told you that? it simply isn't true that developers can't write provisioning modules or install them for you - they DO! :)

take a look at the Provisioning Modules section of the Marketplace - there must be close to 100 provisioning modules in there, written by 3rd-party developers, to either buy or use for free. :idea:

so why in documentation there is a link to download provisioning module whereas whmcs don't give way to install it ?

the sample provisioning module download is there for those who want to learn how to write their own module and to give them a starting point and the basics.

if you want a provisioning module written, but don't want to (or can't) write it yourself, then you always have the option of posting in Service Offers & Requests and asking for quotes from developers to code the module for you - i'm certain that if you were to do that, you'll get many replies from developers who would be more than happy to write the icewarp module for you. :idea:

developers are prevented from offering to quote for a paid module for you in this thread (and outside of Service Offers & Requests in general), but if/when you start a new thread in Service Offers & Requests, you'll receive quotes from a number of developers, or at least them inviting you to contact them with more details... e.g tell them exactly what you want the module to do and perhaps give them a link to the icewarp API.

ok sorry i found how to install it thank you

that's a start - you needed to drag the folder from the zip into the /modules/servers folder by ftp - just checked the documentation link and to be fair to you, it doesn't say to do that... guess the developers assumed users would know how to install it.

the sample provisioning module download is there for those who want to learn how to write their own module and to give them a starting point and the basics.

hello

thanks very much for your reply,

but after installing this demo

my website dont work

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare hook_provisioningmodule_clientedit() (previously declared in /var/www/html/manager/modules/servers/icewarp_pm/hooks.php:39) in /var/www/html/manager/modules/servers/provisioningmodule/hooks.php on line 39

how can i study your tutorials if your own examples doesn't work correctely ?

Edited by ouldfella

but after installing this demo, my website don't work

then you must have installed it wrong - before replying yesterday, I quickly installed the provisioning module, and it worked without causing any issues with my dev site.

I can only assume you've edited the files in some way... have you duplicated the sample module and renamed one of them icewarp_pm' ? it looks from that error that you have 2 copies of the module installed. :?:

how can I study your tutorials if your own examples doesn't work correctly ?

well they aren't my tutorials, they're WHMCS' tutorials and documentation - I didn't write any part of it nor have I ever worked for WHMCS (hurray!)... i'd like to think that if I had worked for them, they wouldn't be the shambles of a company that they seem to have been for the last few years. :roll:

but to get back to your problem, if you can't even get the sample module to work, then I suspect that you're going to really struggle when you get to interacting with the icewarp API - getting a developer to write the module for you would be the best solution.

I would imagine in the time it will take you to get the "hello world" text in a client area, a competent developer could have written the entire module for you. :idea: