How to delete records in the dns manager

snake

The DNS manager seems to cause some confusion, since it is always enabled regardless of what DNS servers are set.

So when the client is using external DNS servers and not the ENOM DNS servers, any records showing WHMCS just cause confusion, as they are not actually in use.

But I cannot see any way to delete the existing records, only edit them, and you cannot set them to blank either.

Really the DNS manager should only be enabled if the Default name servers are being used, which would avoid confusion.

• 2 weeks later...

snake, I completely agree. My old billing software (AWBS) knew if the domain was using eNom's DNS or not, and would only allow DNS Management IF eNom's DNS servers were in use. I really wish WHMCS handled it the same.

I have resorted to disabling DNS Management for all domains, and then I only enable it when a customer wants to use the DNS Management feature (i.e. it is by request only now). Same goes for EMail Forwarding.

As far as deleting them, I believe the domain has to first be using eNom's DNS servers. You might find it easier to delete the records via eNom's website.

- scott