post 7.11 eNom renewal - CustomerSuppliedPrice is invalid or missing

greghl

This is a bit troubling - we upgraded to 7.11 and the first set of renewals we have for domains failed with:

CustomerSuppliedPrice is invalid or missing

This happened at auto-renew on invoice payment, and using the 'Renew Domain' in our admin back-end.

How do we fix this?

• 2 months later...

This is because it's a premium domain. My question is how can we mark a domain as premium in WHMCS? The docs say it will show a red flag in admin, but that only seems to be if it was ordered by the customer in whmcs, not if we entered the order manually.

How to fix?

• 2 weeks later...
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

Prior to version 7.1 premium domains were not supported, so presumably this was something which was originally performed manually outside of WHMCS?

In this situation changing the is_premium value on the domain record in the WHMCS MySQL database should do the trick:

UPDATE tbldomains SET is_premium = '1' WHERE domain = 'yourdomain.com';

As always, before making changes to your database, please backup.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

There are no plans to expose this option via the UI. Premium domains registered once official support for premium domains was introduced will not encounter this problem.

If I can clarify anything further, please don't hesitate to ask.

So found a bug on this, but don't know if it's with the premium flag or not.

Premium domain didn't renew.

Renewed it manually.

For some reason the date changed or something changed and even though the domain was renewed, when enom did the date sync, a new invoice was generated.

What governs this?

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

I don't believe this would cause a problem for premium domains registered in 7.1 via the admin area.

The invoicing logic in WHMCS dictates that is no previous invoice exists for the service/domain on the current Next Due Date, and it's within the Invoice Generation range, a new invoice will be generated.

If the Next Due Date was changed by a few days, that would explain why a new invoice was generated.

• 9 months later...

according to enom.

What are premium domains?

Some domains are valuable because they are short, memorable, and generate considerable amount of organic traffic. Domain investors scoop up these Premium domains and attempt to sell them to end users or other investors at a profit. 

So why can't whmcs process premium domains, why is it treated different? 
I have contacted enom, but they just keep sending me links to the API docs, which is of no use to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone clarify why domains which were previously just getting renewed as regular domains would now be getting classed as premium?
If I renew them manually via enom interface, then they are billed at regular TLD price, not at any premium rate,