Upgrade to 7.1.1 from 6.3 - eWay token payments issues

Hi Guys,

We have been using WHMCS v6.3 successfully for quite some time now with credit card payments. Recently upgraded to v7.1.1 and have mostly been ok.

One HUGE problem is that new & existing customers cannot pay us by credit card via our eWay token payments gateway. Let me be specific. If a customer previously had their credit card stored in eway (via our WHMCS installation), the auto payment will be successfully made. If they are a new customer to our system or an existing customers adding a new card to make payment, we continually get card declined messages.

I've dug a little deeper and can see that WHMCS seems to accept the entry of the credit card, but never sends it to eway successfully. We have not changed any WHMCS settings since upgrading, particularly to do with payment gateway and cards. When a card is saved from the customer portal, no customer record is created in eWay, nor is a token value saved in the WHMCS database.

I have checked the WHMCS database itself and can see that card info has been stored locally in the 'clients' table for those whom have attempted to process a payment. This is NOT GOOD as I am trying to use token payments as we always have. I cannot tick/un-tick the 'do not store credit cards' box in security settings as i have many (100's) of customers with their CC already saved correctly.

Any guidance on what to do next please? Very urgent as we cannot get paid by CC right now!

Thanks,

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

for something like this, you should probably also open a ticket with support... might take them a while to answer, but the sooner you contact them, the sooner they can reply.

I can't recall any mentions of changes to eWay in the v7 release notes or changelogs, but you could take a look at the thread below and the feature request mentioned within it...

https://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?117150-eWay-token-payments-in-WHMCS-6-x-Not-practically-usable-Anyone-else-using-this

though the request solution isn't really relevant for your situation as, at best, it would likely be months or years before it would be implemented. :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

Did you have any luck getting this resolved @birdontheridge2 ?

I have a similar problem, new install of WHMCS 7.x and whenever a client try's to pay via Credit Card using the eWay Token module it gets declined, according to the log the error is "No Remote Card Stored", when I check in MyeWay the user hasn't been created hence I assume the error.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

I'm pleased to advise this is resolved in v7.1.2, so upgrading will correct this behaviour for you right away:

MODULE-6493 - Correctly load Eway Tokens credit card template in client area

http://docs.whmcs.com/Changelog:WHMCS_V7.1.2#Modules

If you aren't able to upgrade right away, please open a support ticket as we have a hotfix available for 7.1.0 and 7.1.1.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gremlin,

Yes, we got it going via a hot-fix ultimately supplied by WHMCS. Looks like they have rolled this into the latest release now.

@ WHMCS John ... eWay are turning off TLSv1.0 & 1.1 support very soon (weeks away). Does this latest update use TLSv1.2 to communication with eWay Tokens & RapidAPI? (My WHMCS instance is running under SSL at present)

Thanks,

Mitch

- - - Updated - - -

Official notice from eWay ...

https://eway.io/nz/tls-updates

• 1 month later...

Am I correct in my understanding that the current eWay tokens module:

• doesn't remove credit card number (tblclients.cardnum) from the database once it's stored in a token
  • offers no conversion service - you lose all your saved cards and customers have to re-enter
  • admin credit card edit doesn't work, just saves in local database with no warning
  • -- by product of above: admin can save card by logging in as user only IFF there is an open/unpaid invoice
  • doesn't put the invoice number in the correct fields

This is all functionality I'd think was required! Halfway through writing and testing code to do this (at the testing stage).

Copying this summary across to https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/eway-token-payments-enhancements-to-module-needed

Edited by brianoz

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi,

I can confirm that the eWay tokens module does not have a migration path from locally stored card numbers to storing them remotely in tokanised form. Clietns will need to login to the client area and pay their invoice manually so their card details can be captured, stored at eWay and a token generated: http://docs.whmcs.com/EWAY_Tokens#Migrating_to_the_eWAY_Tokens_Module

We do not currently have any known issues regarding the invoice number fields and the eWay Tokens payment gateway.

Your understanding of the other points is accurate to the best of my knowledge. We'd be pleased to consider a feature request to refactor the eWay Tokens module to use the _storeremote function to facilitate this.

• 3 weeks later...